Homework

Homework Questions? Ask a Tutor for Answers ASAP

I have a program that I need help with. Java. I have finish…

Customer Question
I have a program...

I have a program that I need help with.

Tutor's Assistant: Is there a specific language you're coding in?

Java. I have finish the assignment but there are errors that I need help debugging

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Homework
Write a program to perform statistical analysis of scores for a class of students.The class may have up to 40 students.There are five quizzes during the term. Each student is identified by a four-digit student ID number.The program is to print the student scores and calculate and print the statistics for each quiz. The output is in the same order as the input; no sorting is needed. The input is to be read from a text file. The output from the program should be similar to the following:Here is some sample data (not to be used) for calculations:Stud Q1 Q2 Q3 Q4 Q51234 78 83 87 91 862134 67 77 84 82 791852 77 89 93 87 71High Score 78 89 93 91 86Low Score 67 77 84 82 71Average 73.4 83.0 88.2 86.6 78.6The program should print the lowest and highest scores for each quiz.Plan of AttackLearning ObjectivesYou will apply the following topics in this assignment:File Input operations.Working and populating an array of objects.Wrapper Classes.Object Oriented Design and Programming.Understanding RequirementsHere is a copy of actual data to be used for input.Stud Qu1 Qu2 Qu3 Qu4 Qu51234 052 007 100 078 0342134 090 036 090 077 0303124 100 045 020 090 0704532 011 017 081 032 0775678 020 012 045 078 0346134 034 080 055 078 0457874 060 100 056 078 0788026 070 010 066 078 0569893 034 009 077 078 0201947 045 040 088 078 0552877 055 050 099 078 0803189 022 070 100 078 0774602 089 050 091 078 0605405 011 011 000 078 0106999 000 098 089 078 020Essentially, you have to do the following:Read Student data from a text file.Compute High, Low and Average for each quiz.Print the Student data and display statistical information like High/Low/Average..DesignThis program can be written in one class. But dividing the code into simple and modular classes based on functionality, is at the heart of Object Oriented Design.You must learn the concepts covered in the class and find a way to apply.Please make sure that you put each class in its own .java file.package lab2;class Student {private int SID;private int scores[] = new int[5];//write public get and set methods for//SID and scores//add methods to print values of instance variables.}/************************************************************************************/package lab2;class Statistics{int [] lowscores = new int [5];int [] highscores = new int [5];float [] avgscores = new float [5];void findlow(Student [] a) {/* This method will find the lowest score and store it in an array names lowscores. */}void findhigh(Student [] a) {/* This method will find the highest score and store it in an array names highscores. */}void findavg(Student [] a) {/* This method will find avg score for each quiz and store it in an array names avgscores. */}//add methods to print values of instance variables.}************************************************************************************/package lab2;class Util {Student [] readFile(String filename, Student [] stu) {//Reads the file and builds student array.//Open the file using FileReader Object.//In a loop read a line using readLine method.//Tokenize each line using StringTokenizer Object//Each token is converted from String to Integer using parseInt method//Value is then saved in the right property of Student Object.}}************************************************************************************///Putting it together in driver class:public static void main(String [] args) {Student lab2 [] = new Student[40];//Populate the student arraylab2 = Util.readFile("filename.txt", lab2);Statistics statlab2 = new Statistics();statlab2.findlow(lab2);//add calls to findhigh and find average//Print the data and statistics}Topics to LearnWorking with Text Files//ReadSource.java -- shows how to work with readLine and FileReaderpublic class ReadSource {public static void main(String[] arguments) {try {FileReader file = new FileReader("ReadSource.java");BufferedReader buff = new BufferedReader(file);boolean eof = false;while (!eof) {String line = buff.readLine();if (line == null)eof = true;elseSystem.out.println(line);}buff.close();} catch (IOException e) {System.out.println("Error -- " + e.toString());}}}//How do you tokenize a String? You can use other ways of doing this, if you like.StringTokenizer st = new StringTokenizer("this is a test");while (st.hasMoreTokens()) {System.out.println(st.nextToken());}//How to convert a String to an Integerint x = Integer.parseInt(String) ;
can you help me debug the program I wrote? I need the different cases:test cases
1. working with empty file using just header.
2. working with 1 record in file.
3. working with 15 records
4. 40 records
5. 45 records.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
3/11/2018
Tutor: LogicPro, Engineer replied 4 months ago
LogicPro
LogicPro, Engineer
Hi