Homework

Homework Questions? Ask a Tutor for Answers ASAP

Trying to get help with frans virtual fruit stand part 2 I…

Customer Question
Trying to get help...

Trying to get help with frans virtual fruit stand part 2 I don't understand where to even start

Tutor's Assistant: The Tutor can help you get an A on your homework or ace your next test. Tell me more about what you need help with so we can help you best.

Assignment 2: Fran’s Virtual Fruit Stand, Part 2
Due Week 9 and worth 190 pointsUse the concepts and scenario from Assignment 1 to help Fran’s Virtual Fruit Stand increase the functionality of its online shopping cart. When a customer checks out, the shopping cart must store the required data pertaining to each item the customer is buying. Your job is to design a program that will prompt the user for the required data and then store it. The required data includes the item name, the price per pound, and the number of pounds of that item being purchased. When complete, your program should include three (3) arrays, two (2) loops, one (1) and / or conditional statement, and one (1) variable.Using Visual Logic, design a flowchart that is also a fully functional program to add functionality to the online shopping cart. According to your design, the program must:Continually accept data regarding the purchase of fruit as specified below until the user enters a sentinel value, or until five (5) items are entered, whichever comes first.
Prompt the user for each item and accept the name of the fruit (e.g., “dried apples”), the price per pound, and the number of pounds sold in a month.
Store the required data in three (3) arrays (e.g., one (1) for the item name, one (1) for the price per pound, and one (1) for the number of pounds being purchased) with corresponding index values. Note: For example, index value 3, when applied to the “itemName” array, would give us the name of the third item that the customer is buying. That same index value of 3, when applied to the “pricePerPound” array, would give us the price per pound of that same third item that the customer is buying.
Store up to five (5) values in each of the three (3) arrays.
Provide functionality in which the user ends the program by typing a sentinel value, and the program tells the user what the sentinel value is. Note: An acceptable message may read “Type n to end the program.”, where “n” is the sentinel value. If the user does not end the program in this way, then the program ends when it has collected the data for five (5) items.
Print an itemized receipt with the following data after the last item in the purchase has been saved to the array.
Item name
Price per pound of each item
Number of pounds purchased of each item
Subtotal price for each item, calculated as price per pound multiplied by the number of pounds
Total weight of the entire order (in pounds)
The cost of shipping which is based on the total weight of the entire order, calculated as 50 cents per pound. Note: For example, if the entire order weighs seven (7) pounds, the cost of shipping would be $3.50.
Grand total price of all items and shipping.
Note: Use the “console” option in the output command to accomplish this task. An example of an acceptable output has been provided below:Week 9 Assignment 2 TableClick here to view the grading rubric

Tutor's Assistant: Is there anything else the Tutor should be aware of?

This assignment is done through visual logic

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Homework
Answered in 1 day by:
3/9/2018
Tutor: Ingo U, Software Engineer replied 4 months ago
Ingo U
Ingo U, Software Engineer

Hi, I don't have a Visual Logic license; do you have a student key I could use to work on this for you?

Also, sometimes pasting formatted data directly into this site doesn't

render as you'd expect, and can become difficult to read.
I'm not sure I got all the information correctly and completely.
Could you please upload any files related to this project to wikisend.com
(or a file sharing site of your choice) so I may have a look?
If there are multiple files, it's easiest to put them in a compressed (zipped)
folder and upload just that one item.

Thanks,
Ingo U