Homework

Homework Questions? Ask a Tutor for Answers ASAP

For LogicPro only: Design a C++ program in which a class…

For LogicPro only: Design a...
For LogicPro only: Design a C++ program in which a class should manage the free and allocated space. You should use a dynamic node implementation of link list to implement both lists for this assignment. You should be able to request memory blocks for jobs and de-allocate the memory blocks when the job is done. You should also be able to ask how much free memory is currently available, how much allocated memory is currently in the system, what is the largest block of free memory available, what is the total amount of memory being managed by the object, and how much memory a specific job has allocated. You should also be able to print a report listing all jobs in the system with how much memory each has allocated and where that memory is and a report that basically does a memory dump showing usage of all memory.
Answered in 1 minute by:
1/21/2018
LogicPro
LogicPro, Engineer

Hi

Hello

Welcome

Thank you for asking me. Hope you are doing well.

Zip all files; upload the zipped file to http://wikisend.com and post download link here.

This is something you make on your own.

Here are some details:

• The operating system will use two lists to manage this memory.

1. FREE: This list contains information on all free continuous blocks of memory.

2. ALLOCATED: This list contains information on all allocated blocks of memory.

• Processes must be given contiguous blocks of memory. If there is no single free block of contiguous memory large enough to satisfy the request then it must be rejected.

• To start, FREE will have one node that represents the whole of the memory. ALLOCATED will be an empty list.

• The nodes for these lists need to keep track of the size of the block and where the next node is. Each node thus has the following fields: Start Byte, End Byte, Size, Next Block. In addition, the ALLOCATED list nodes also need the Job #. Assume the Operating System is managing 256M of memory.

• If a block is returned to the FREE list, it should be inserted in the correct order. If it can be combined with other blocks to create a larger free block, it should be.

If a block is inserted into the ALLOCATED list, it should be in order.

You need to create a Memory Class that will manage a block of continuous memory. You should be able to set the size of the block when you create the Object of the class.

• For this program, you should have 2 classes, a linked list class (List.h, List.cpp) and a memory class (Memory.h, Memory.cpp). You'll also need a .cpp file to contain your main program which should test your memory class.

• The main program should have/do these functions:

Memory mem1(256); // Create a memory manager for 256M of memory

mem1.allocmem(3, 56); // Request 56M of memory for job 3

mem1.freemem(3); // Free up memory used by job 3

cout << “Largest Free block ” << mem1.maxfree_block() << endl;

cout << “Amount of Free Memory “ << mem1.totalfree_mem() << endl;

cout << “Amount of allocated Memory “ << mem1.total_allocated() << endl;

cout << “Amount of total memory “ << mem1.maxmem() << endl;

cout << “Job 3 has “ << mem1.job_memory(3) << “M of memory” << endl;

mem1.report_jobs (); // Report all jobs with memory information

mem1.report_memory(); // Report all memory usage list in order of blocks

(Sorry for my information dump).

What is the deadline?

Tuesday, January 23rd at 11:59pm

okay. will have it ready. Sending offer per the efforts. Let me know once accepted

LogicPro
LogicPro, Engineer

I accepted

Thanks

Have a good time ahead

Thanks you too

Welcome

This answer is protected
Would you like to ask this question?
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.