Homework

Homework Questions? Ask a Tutor for Answers ASAP

Homework

I am attempting to do a netbeans java assignment and need…

I am attempting to do...
I am attempting to do a netbeans java assignment and need help implementing the overridden method
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Modify your implemented classes to include the overridden method, computeSales(), that computes the current sales in each of the following categories:Supplies = office supplies sold dollar amount + books sold dollar amount + apparel sold dollar amount
Services = number of hours * rate per hour
Paper = number of pounds * price per pound
Answered in 1 hour by:
1/13/2018
Ingo U
Ingo U, Software Engineer

I would like to review the details of your question.

Could you please attach or upload, e.g. to a file sharing site, any original files describing
the requirements, work in progress or any other relevant details?

For multiple files, it is often easiest to put them all into a compressed
(i.e. zip) folder so you only have upload one item.

What is your timeframe for this project?

Thanks,
Ingo

PS An easy file sharing site to use is wikisend.com.
Go to www.wikisend.com and upload the file there (no need to sign up).
You will then get a page that has the File ID and Download Link.
Copy either the File ID (a 6-digit number) or the Download Link.
Then come back here and paste it in your reply.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
URL=http://wikisend.com/download/372662/salesProject.zip]salesProject.zip[/URL]
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
this is my existing java project
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
now, I realize I need to change the constructors in the supplies class to office supplies sold dollar amount, books sold dollar amount, apparel sold dollar amount

Great, thanks!

I was able to download and open the project in netbeans.

Does your last message mean you no longer need help?
If you do, please also upload the assignment, i.e. what actually all needs to be done.

Thanks!

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
The assignment is:Modify your implemented classes to include the overridden method, computeSales(), that computes the current sales in each of the following categories:Supplies = office supplies sold dollar amount + books sold dollar amount + apparel sold dollar amount

OK, got it. I'll get back to you shortly.

You are probably right about the Supplies() constructor; were you given this class to start with, or did you write it this way?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I wrote it this way. the first assignment was pretty vague

OK, well here's a first set of changes to show you how to use the abstract & override mechanism.

http://wikisend.com/download/254080/src-Ingo-V1.zip

It's just the .java source files, you can just copy/paste them into your project (src) folder

The Paper and Services classes should be fine; in fact you already wrote methods to compute the formula, as you see I just made computeSales() return what they calculate.

For the Supplies class, I'm not sure what the design criteria were (maybe you can share the vague assignment) so I put in a placeholder for you.

In a nutshell, what we had to do overall is:

• declare an abstract method computerSales() in the base class Accounts
  • mark the Accounts class as abstract (required if you have abstract methods in it)
  • write an @override computeSales() implementation in each of the subclasses that computes the proper formula in the context of that class

Make sense?

I'll mark this as my answer, but feel free to ask follow-up questions if you need more help.

Ingo U
Ingo U, Software Engineer
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
ok got the file. thank you for your help
This answer is protected
Would you like to ask this question?
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.
Ingo U
Ingo U
Ingo U, Software Engineer