Homework

Homework Questions? Ask a Tutor for Answers ASAP

Homework

Question 1 of 20: Select the best answer... Question 1 of…

Customer Question
Question 1 of 20...
Question 1 of 20 : Select the best answer...
Question 1 of 20 : Select the best answer for the
question.
1. An attorney responding to an interrogatory
makes business records available instead of
responding to the interrogatory. What burden
does the party providing the records have?
A. There is no burden—the party only has to make the
recordsavailable.
B. The party must deliver separate copies of the business
records to both the attorney and the client for inspection.
C. The party must schedule a meeting to discuss the
business records.
D. The party must make sure the other party has the same
chance of finding the answer as the party providing the
records.
Question 2 of 20 : Select the best answer for the
question.
2. A lawyer wants to obtain information
created or possessed by the government.
Which one of the following courses of action
should the lawyer pursue?
A. File a request for admissions from the government to
obtain the records that contain the requested information
B. Go to city hall and request the information from the
records clerk
C. Request from the government the records that contain
the information under the Freedom of Information Act
D. Propound an interrogatory to the government requesting
the records that contain the requested information
Question 3 of 20 : Select the best answer for the
question.
3. A paralegal, an attorney, a witness, and
opposing counsel are present for a deposition.
This is a violation of discovery rules because
A. the deposition is conducted without opposing counsel
being present.
B. an officer of the court must be present to take the
deposition testimony.
C. a paralegal isn't allowed to be present for a deposition.
D. a judge must be present to settle evidence objections
during the deposition.
Question 4 of 20 : Select the best answer for
the question.
4. An attorney for a party requests
discovery information. The other party
claims that the information wouldn't be
admissible at trial and refuses to provide
the evidence. Which one of the following
arguments can the attorney requesting the
information use to get the other party to
disclose? The attorney can claim that
A. the party is required to disclose the information
under the Freedom of Information Act.
B. the information doesn't have to be admissible if it's
likely to lead to the discovery of admissible evidence.
C. there are no requirements for admissibility during
discovery, only at trial.
D. admissibility is a factor only when the information is
relevant.
Question 5 of 20 : Select the best answer
for the question.
5. A court limits discovery because it's
unreasonably cumulative and obtainable
from another source that's more
convenient. This would be an example of
which type of discovery exception?
A. Unduly burdensome discovery
B. Experts employed in anticipation of litigation
C. Physician-patient privilege
D. Trade secrets
Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Homework
Answered in 1 minute by:
1/4/2018
Tutor: DrOlivia-JD-MD,
 replied 1 month ago
DrOlivia-JD-MD

Hi. I'm Olivia - I answered one of your other threads. Did you receive my response?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
not yet!
Tutor: DrOlivia-JD-MD,
 replied 1 month ago

Here's the thing.. you have 12 open requests - when someone answers your questions it's customary to rate the answer and close the question. I answered the two questions that were posted in another thread - so you should already have them. I'm not sure if you're aware that there is a charge associated with each open request...

Tutor: DrOlivia-JD-MD,
 replied 1 month ago
This answer is protected
Would you like to ask this question?
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Questions Answered Incorrectly1. An attorney responding to an interrogatory makes business records available instead of responding to the interrogatory. What burden does the party providing the records have?
A. There is no burden—the party only has to make the records available.
B. The party must deliver separate copies of the business records to both the attorney and the client for inspection.
C. The party must schedule a meeting to discuss the business records.
D. The party must make sure the other party has the same chance of finding the answer as the party providing the records.
Student Answer: A
Answer: Incorrect
Reference: PAGES 36-379. Suppose an attorney will be unable to file interrogatory answers within 30 days of being served. He asks other attorneys in his firm what course of action he should take. Attorney A says the attorney should obtain a written stipulation from opposing counsel to extend the time. Attorney B says the attorney should file a motion asking the court to extend the time to file answers within the 30 days. Which one of the attorneys is right?
A. Attorney A is correct.
B. Neither attorney is correct.
C. Both attorneys are correct.
D. Attorney B is correct.
Student Answer: A
Answer: Incorrect
Reference: PAGE 3610. The attorney is preparing for the same hit-and-run trial. The attorney wants to collect a mass of objective information that would be difficult for a witness to remember off the top of his or her head. The best type of discovery device to use is a/an
A. request for documents.
B. interrogatory.
C. deposition.
D. request for admissions.
Student Answer: D
Answer: Incorrect
Reference: PAGE 3213. A party denies the genuineness of a document without reasonable grounds or good cause. Which one of the following consequences would the party face?
A. The party will be required to pay the expenses incurred by the other party in proving the matter.
B. The court will allow the attorney requesting the admission access to all records in the other party's possession.
C. The party requesting the document can refuse to disclose the genuineness of his or her own documents.
D. There would be no consequences—a party can refuse to answer because the burden of proof is on the party requesting the information.
Student Answer: D
Answer: Incorrect
Reference: PAGES 48-4915. An attorney wants to discover documents from an opposing party. However, the attorney isn't sure if the documents are discoverable. Attorney A says the documents are discoverable even if there isn't a substantial need for them, under the federal rules of discovery. Attorney B says the attorney can't discover the documents unless a substantial equivalent couldn't be obtained without undue hardship. Which one of the attorneys is right?
A. Neither attorney is correct.
B. Attorney B is correct.
C. Both attorneys are correct.
D. Attorney A is correct.
Student Answer: D
Answer: Incorrect
Reference: PAGE 1517. For which one of the following discovery methods would a subpoena ducas tecum be served?
A. Mandatory disclosure
B. Interrogatory
C. Request for admissions
D. Deposition
Student Answer: B
Answer: Incorrect
Tutor: DrOlivia-JD-MD,
 replied 1 month ago

I would be happy to answer these as well, but I'll need you to "accept" the answer to the original questions I answered.

DrOlivia-JD-MD
DrOlivia-JD-MD
DrOlivia-JD-MD