Homework

Homework Questions? Ask a Tutor for Answers ASAP

14. An attorney receives a discovery request for documents.

Customer Question
The requested documents contain some material...
14. An attorney receives a discovery request for documents. The requested documents contain
some material that’s discoverable and some material that’s privileged. Attorney A says
that unless all the material in the documents is discoverable, none of the material has to
be divulged. Attorney B says that the attorney has to provide the discoverable parts of the
material, even though some of the material in the documents is privileged. Which of the
attorneys is correct?
A. Attorney A is correct. C. Neither attorney is correct.
B. Attorney B is correct. D. Both attorneys are correct.
15. An attorney for a party requests discovery information. The other party claims that the
information wouldn’t be admissible at trial and refuses to provide the evidence. Which one
of the following arguments can the attorney requesting the information use to get the other
party to disclose? The attorney can claim that
A. the information doesn’t have to be admissible if it’s likely to lead to the discovery of
admissible evidence.
B. there are no requirements for admissibility during discovery, only at trial.
C. admissibility is a factor only when the information is relevant.
D. the party is required to disclose the information under the Freedom of Information Act.
16. Which one of the following is a disadvantage to using interrogatories?
A. Interrogatories are oral questions, so less information can be discovered.
B. Interrogatories are a more expensive discovery device than depositions.
C. Interrogatories are difficult to prepare.
D. Interrogatories can be answered with the assistance of counsel.
17. For which one of the following discovery methods would a subpoena duces tecum be
served?
A. Deposition C. Request for admissions
B. Interrogatory D. Mandatory disclosure
18. For which one of the following discovery devices is there a limit to the number of requests
without permission from the court?
A. Interrogatory C. Request for admissions
B. Request for documents D. Freedom of Information Act
19. How many days before trial must automatic expert testimony disclosures be made?
A. None, there are no automatic expert testimony disclosure requirements.
B. 30 days
C. 60 days
D. 90 days
Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Homework
1/4/2018
Tutor: Chris M., M.S.W. Social Work replied 7 months ago
Chris M.
Chris M., M.S.W. Social Work

Hello and thanks for your questions,

Here are the answers for comparison with your own.

14. B. Attorney B is correct.

15. A. the information doesn’t have to be admissible if it’s likely to lead to the discovery of
admissible evidence.

16. D. Interrogatories can be answered with the assistance of counsel.

17. B. Request for documents

18. A. Interrogatory

19. D. 90 days

This answer is protected
Would you like to ask this question?
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.