Homework

Homework Questions? Ask a Tutor for Answers ASAP

8. Suppose an attorney will be unable to file interrogatory…

Customer Question
8. Suppose an attorney will...
8. Suppose an attorney will be unable to file interrogatory answers within 30 days of being
served. He asks other attorneys in his firm what course of action he should take. Attorney
A says the attorney should obtain a written stipulation from opposing counsel to extend the
time. Attorney B says the attorney should file a motion asking the court to extend the time
to file answers within the 30 days. Which one of the attorneys is right?
A. Attorney A is correct. C. Neither attorney is correct.
B. Attorney B is correct. D. Both attorneys are correct.
9. A court limits discovery because it’s unreasonably cumulative and obtainable from another
source that’s more convenient. This would be an example of which type of discovery
exception?
A. Experts employed in anticipation of litigation C. Trade secrets
B. Physician-patient privilege D. Unduly burdensome discovery
10. A paralegal, an attorney, a witness, and opposing counsel are present for a deposition.
This is a violation of discovery rules because
A. a paralegal isn’t allowed to be present for a deposition.
B. an officer of the court must be present to take the deposition testimony.
C. the deposition is conducted without opposing counsel being present.
D. a judge must be present to settle evidence objections during the deposition.
11. A lawyer wants to obtain information created or possessed by the government. Which one
of the following courses of action should the lawyer pursue?
A. Go to city hall and request the information from the records clerk
B. File a request for admissions from the government to obtain the records that contain
the requested information
C. Propound an interrogatory to the government requesting the records that contain the
requested information
D. Request from the government the records that contain the information under the
Freedom of Information Act
12. An attorney wants to discover documents from an opposing party. However, the attorney isn’t
sure if the documents are discoverable. Attorney A says the documents are discoverable
even if there isn’t a substantial need for them, under the federal rules of discovery.
Attorney B says the attorney can’t discover the documents unless a substantial equivalent
couldn’t be obtained without undue hardship. Which one of the attorneys is right?
A. Attorney A is correct. C. Both attorneys are correct.
B. Attorney B is correct. D. Neither attorney is correct.
13. Interrogatory questions are directed to the
A. judge. C. party.
B. party’s attorney. D. court reporter.
Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Homework
1/4/2018
Tutor: LegalEase101, Lawyer replied 7 months ago
LegalEase101
LegalEase101, Lawyer
This answer is protected
Would you like to ask this question?
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.