Homework

Homework Questions? Ask a Tutor for Answers ASAP

3. A party acknowledges the authenticity of a document

Customer Question
relating to litigation matters in...
3. A party acknowledges the authenticity of a document relating to litigation matters in order
to make the trial shorter and more efficient. Which one of the following discovery devices
would lead to this action?
A. Deposition C. Request for documents
B. Interrogatory D. Request for admissions
4. Which one of the following interactions would be protected by privilege?
A. A conversation between a client and a paralegal about defenses for an embezzlement
charge
B. A conversation between a husband and wife accused of robbing a convenience store
together
C. A discussion at a dinner party between a client and attorney about an upcoming
vacation
D. A conversation between a husband and wife concerning abuse of a stepchild living at
their residence
5. Attorneys hold a discovery planning meeting under federal rules. Which one of the following
actions needs to occur within 10 days of this meeting?
A. A second discovery planning meeting must be scheduled.
B. Expert testimony must be disclosed.
C. Automatic initial disclosures must be provided.
D. Requests for admissions must be admitted or denied.
6. A party denies the genuineness of a document without reasonable grounds or good cause.
Which one of the following consequences would the party face?
A. There would be no consequences—a party can refuse to answer because the burden
of proof is on the party requesting the information.
B. The party will be required to pay the expenses incurred by the other party in proving
the matter.
C. The party requesting the document can refuse to disclose the genuineness of his or
her own documents.
D. The court will allow the attorney requesting the admission access to all records in the
other party’s possession.
7. An attorney discovers that he has mistakenly included a response to a discovery request
that falls under the rules of exception. The attorney can
A. assert the privilege later during the trial and the material will be ruled inadmissible.
B. file a motion that explains the error, and the material will be thrown out before the trial
begins.
C. do nothing—the attorney has waived the privilege by responding to the request.
D. contact the opposing counsel and request the privileged material be returned under
federal rules.
Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Homework
1/4/2018
Tutor: LegalEase101, Lawyer replied 6 months ago
LegalEase101
LegalEase101, Lawyer
This answer is protected
Would you like to ask this question?
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.