Homework

Homework Questions? Ask a Tutor for Answers ASAP

16. Which of the following is a true statement? A. Some

Customer Question
16. Which of the following...
16. Which of the following is a true statement?
A. Some states require that mediators be licensed.
B. The Federal Arbitration Act was passed to help overcome early resistance to the use of
arbitration.
C. To become an arbitrator, you must have a law degree.
D. The ethical standards developed by the Society of Professionals in Dispute Resolution
are enforced by local bar associations.
17. Your child’s elementary school teacher wants to take two months off during the school year
to go to China to adopt a baby. The school says that under its contract with the teachers’
union, she’s not entitled to this time off. Which of the following would the teacher and the
school use to resolve this dispute?
A. Interest arbitration C. Binding arbitration
B. Rights arbitration D. Final offer arbitration
18. Your firm represents two tire manufacturers who are being sued by several city and county
governments for price fixing. The discovery stage is almost finished and there’s strong evidence
to suggest that some company executives did, in fact, engage in illegal price fixing.
However, the top executives refuse to believe that people they hired would do something
like that. Your supervising attorney will most likely
A. resign from the case.
B. try early neutral evaluation.
C. ask for the appointment of a special master.
D. try a summary jury trial.
19. The most significant difference between arbitration and mediation is
A. the degree of discovery allowed in arbitration.
B. the extent to which the mediation process is confidential.
C. the fact that the arbitrator provides a final opinion in the case.
D. the kind of experience required to become a mediator.
20. Traditionally, disputes have been resolved in our legal system by means of
A. mediation, arbitration, and med-arb. C. early neutral evaluation.
B. transactional negotiation. D. litigation.
Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Homework
Answered in 1 day by:
1/4/2018
Tutor: Amber E., Lawyer replied 6 months ago
Amber E.
Amber E., Lawyer
This answer is protected
Would you like to ask this question?
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.