Homework

Homework Questions? Ask a Tutor for Answers ASAP

Homework

11. When the mediator raises the issue of Lorraine’s move to…

Customer Question
11. When the mediator raises...
11. When the mediator raises the issue of Lorraine’s move to California, Mark becomes very
angry and accuses her of trying to steal his children. This upsets Lorraine, who begins to
cry, claiming that Mark never considers her personal needs. This exchange would occur in
what part of the mediation process?
A. Introduction C. Issue clarification
B. Generation of options D. Ventilation
12. As the session progresses, Mark agrees to let Lorraine take the children to California.
He wants them to come to Boston during their winter and summer breaks. Lorraine
objects. She wants to spend Christmas with the children. Despite their willingness to continue
talking about this issue, neither one wants to change his or her position. The mediator
will most likely decide to
A. call a caucus.
B. call for closure.
C. continue the joint session.
D. urge Mark to ask for physical custody.
13. During the mediation session, the mediator says that he can sympathize with Lorraine and
Mark’s children because his mother moved to another state after his parents divorced.
When Lorraine reports this remark to you, you’re concerned that the mediator has violated
his duty
A. of confidentiality.
B. of impartiality.
C. of self-determination.
D. to report any conflicts of interest.
14. Mark and Lorraine aren’t able to agree on the custody issues, and your firm files a divorce
case in court. The mediator reports that the mediation wasn’t successful in resolving all the
outstanding issues between the couple. The judge, who is new to the bench, asks the
mediator which issues weren’t resolved and why. What would likely happen next?
A. The mediator supplies the court with the details of the mediation.
B. The mediator refuses to respond with the reasons for the issues not being resolved.
C. The mediator apologizes for wrongfully revealing that the mediation was not
successful.
D. The mediator asks to be called as a witness during the divorce hearing.
15. You begin work as a paralegal in your state’s environmental protection agency. You’re
assigned to a long-standing dispute between the state and a large chemical company. The
lawsuit involves several private parties as well as the state government. The case requires
fact-finding on quite a few scientific as well as legal issues, and it’s still in the discovery
stage. Your boss suggests that you research the possibility of
A. med-arb. C. a minitrial.
B. a summary jury trial. D. negotiated rulemaking.
Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Homework
Answered in 1 day by:
1/4/2018
Tutor: Amber E., Lawyer replied 1 month ago
Amber E.
Amber E., Lawyer
This answer is protected
Would you like to ask this question?
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.
Amber E.
Amber E.
Amber E., Lawyer