Homework

Homework Questions? Ask a Tutor for Answers ASAP

I need pennfoster Electronics Technician exams answers

Customer Question
I need pennfoster Electronics...

I need pennfoster Electronics Technician exams answers 2709B, 2710A , 2710B , 2711A , 2711B , 2711C, 2712A and 2712B

Tutor's Assistant: The Tutor can help you get an A on your homework or ace your next test. Tell me more about what you need help with so we can help you best.

1. The insulation formed on top of a slab of silicon substrate is
A. silicon phosphorus. C. boron silicon.
B. silicon dioxide. d. boron phosphorus.
2. What is the pulse width (duration) of a 500-Hz digital signal
if the duty cycle is 20%?
A. 0.2 msec C. 1.0 msec
B. 0.4 msec d. 2.0 msec
3. The highest value you can read on a 31/2-digit DMM is
A. 9.99 C. 19.500
B. 9.995 d. 19.99
4. Increasing the value of resistors that are part of a logic
device helps qualify the device for what family classification?
A. Low-power TTL C. High-threshold DTL
B. High-threshold TTL d. High-threshold RTL
5. Another name for a MODULO 10 counter is a
A. base 10 adder. C. decade decoder.
B. decade counter. d. 1-of-10 decoder.
6. In this diagram of a CMOS transistor pair, the N+and P+ cells are created by
A. dielectric leakage.
B. sputtering.
C. diffusion.
d. epitaxial growth.
7. At what triggering source should you set an oscilloscope before you first turn it on?
A. Automatic C. Channel A internal
B. External d. Channel B internal
8. A shift register moves bits
A. rightward only. C. neither rightward nor leftward.
B. leftward only. d. both rightward and leftward.
9. What factor determines the maximum speed at which a logic gate can operate?
A. Sharpness of the transfer curve knee
B. Lower limit of the highest logic level
C. Delay between input action and output reaction
d. Value of Vcc supply voltage
10. You’re viewing an oscilloscope display showing one pulse of a positive logic signal with
a duty cycle of 10%, using an external trigger and a trigger slope. At the next circuit
node, a NOT gate has invetted the signal, and you can no longer see the pulse. How
can you bring it back on the screen?
A. Reverse the scope input leads.
B. Reverse the external trigger leads.
C. Change the trigger to internal.
d. Change the trigger to the-slope.
11. Which of the following is used to convert binary patterns to proportional analog values?
A. R-2R ladder C. ADC IC chip
B. D-type flip-flop d. RST latch
12. The 50-mV waveform in this photograph, taken at the OUTPUT of the d-c regulator of a
5-V supply, indicates that
A. an output line has opened.
B. a d-e supply capacitor has opened.
C. the voltage regulator has shorted.
d. a rectifier diode has shorted.
13. The diagram below uses the gates in a 7400 IC to latch logic pulses for test purposes.
What type of flip-flop do these gates form?
A. R-S C. D-T
B. RST d. J-K
14. A data stream is a form of
A. combinational logic C. analog-to-digital conversion.
B. sequential logic d. digital-to-analog conversion.
15. What instrument will you use to display glitch pulses that occur rarely and only for an
instant?
A. Triggered oscilloscope C. Logic pulse
B. Storage oscilloscope d. Logic probe
16. The process of converting a decimal number to binary is one type of
A. encoding. C. binary addition.
B. decoding. d. binary subtraction.
17. If a green LED indicates logic 0 on a probe and a red LED indicates logic 1, what
happens when the probe senses a logic stream with a duty cycle of 80%?
A. Red LED glows brighter.
B. Green LED glows brighter.
C. Brightness is the same for both LEDs.
d. Both LEDs remain dark.
18. What is the frequency of a digital logic signal with a repetition time of 2.5 msec and a
duty cycle of 25%?
A. 40Hz C. 400Hz
B. 312Hz d. 625Hz
19. One way to test a flip-flop is by using a strapping/pulsing technique. Which of the following
makes a J-K toggle its Q and Q-not outputs?
A. J and K high, pulse at T C. J low, K high, pulse at T
B. J and K low, pulse at T d. J high, K low, pulse at T
20. Of the following logic devices, which one draws the least current per gate from a
power supply?
A. DTL C. NMOS
B. RTL d. CML
21. What maximum percentage of a-cripple is usually acceptable at the input to a d-c
voltage regulator (not counting extra-sensitive computer systems)?
A. 0.01% C. 1%
B. 0.1% d. 10%
22. In making an NPN bipolar transistor, the first diffusion into the substrate fonns
A. a P cell. C. the emitter.
B. an N

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Homework
12/30/2017
Tutor: akch2002, Engineer replied 6 months ago
akch2002
akch2002, Engineer

I can help you with these questions.

Kindly forward questions in soft form as these have got distorted in the for presented here.

Further forward relevant text as sequence of questions is changed by Pennfoster every time.