Homework

Homework Questions? Ask a Tutor for Answers ASAP

1. In a CRT, the direction of electron beam deflection

Customer Question
1. In a...
1. In a CRT, the direction of electron beam deflection depends on the
A. amount of voltage that's applied to the deflection plates.
B. size of the screen.
C. polarity of the voltage that's applied to the deflection plates.
D. type of inert gas that the tube contains.
2. If you viewed a digital clock frequency signal on an oscilloscope, what type of waveform would you see on the scope screen?
A. A sine wave
B. A triangular wave
C. A square wave
D. A sawtooth wave
3. The deflection plates in a CRT are operated by a varying
A. current.
B. resistance.
C. voltage.
D. power.
4. Your oscilloscope's test probe is placed in the 10X or 10:1 position. You measure a waveform as being 4 VAC peak-to-peak. What is the actual voltage at this test point?
A. 40 VAC
B. 0.04 VAC
C. 4 VAC
D. 0.4 VAC5. What is the duty cycle of a square wave that's positive for two horizontal divisions and at zero volts for four horizontal divisions?
A. 65 percent
B. 33 percent
C. 25 percent
D. 45 percent
6. The connector that's used to attach a probe to an input terminal of a scope is called a(n)
A. F-type connector.
B. Phono style connector.
C. BNC connector.
D. T-type connector.
7. The source switch in the triggering section of an oscilloscope is set to the LF REJ position. This means that
A. all low-frequency components of the signal waveform will be filtered out.
B. only the low-frequency components of the signal wil be used for triggering.
C. any signal that measures over 0.1 VDC will trigger the sweep.
D. the trigger is locked to a television field.
8. To increase the vertical size of a 2 V square waveform that appears only one-half division high on your scope screen, you should adjust the
A. coupling switch to ADD.
B. volts per division control.
C. time base control.
D. vertical position control.
9. An AC voltage that's present on a DC power supply's output is called
A. ripple.
B. flicker.
C. distortion.
D. oscillation.
10. Inside an oscilloscope's CRT, an electron beam is used to create a moving dot of light on the screen. The electron beam is moved across the screen when
A. a horizontal and vertical yoke are energized and deenergized.
B. the internal focus grids are grounded or charged.
C. magnets are moved across the neck of the yoke.
D. a positive or negative charge is applied to internal deflection plates.
11. The horizontal sweep frequency signal that's used to move the electron beams across an oscilloscope screen is a type of
A. sawtooth wave.
B. triangular wave.
C. sine wave.
D. square wave.
12. A good ground reference for a power supply circuit is the
A. positive terminal of the diode rectifier.
B. negative terminal of the filter capacitor.
C. transformer's center tap.
D. screws that hold the transformer together.
13. A waveform takes 0.0002 second (0.2 millisecond) to complete one cycle. What is the frequency of this signal?
A. 50 kilohertz
B. 2 hertz
C. 200 hertz
D. 5 kilohertz
14. Which of the following scope probe connections should be used to make a measurement from an integrated circuit lead?
A. An extender on the probe
B. A point-type probe contact
C. A direct probe connection
D. A needle-tip probe
15. What is the peak-to-peak voltage of the AC waveform shown below if the volts per division control is set at 2 V per division?A. 10 V peak-to-peak
B. 12 V peak-to-peak
C. 6 V peak-to-peak
D. 8 V peak-to-peak
16. On an oscilloscope's graticule, the center vertical line (the y-axis) represents units of
A. frequency.
B. voltage.
C. time.
D. current.
17. In an amplifier circuit that contains a transistor in a common-emitter configuration, the phase shift between the input signal and the output signal will usually be
A. 90 degrees.
B. 180 degrees.
C. 30 degrees.
D. 60 degrees.
18. What is the maximum AC input voltage (peak-to-peak) that most oscilloscopes can safely measure?
A. 600V–800V
B. 1,000 V–1,400 V
C. 800 V–1,000 V
D. 1,600 V–1,800 V
19. You wish to measure the AC value of a composite signal made up of both AC and DC voltages. The coupling switch should be set to *****
B. EXT.
C. AC.
D. GND
20. The amount of phase shift between input and output signals is important when measuring
A. transistor circuits.
B. servo circuits.
C. TRIAC circuits.
D. SCR circuits.
Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Homework
I have more course question as well im not sure how this work so correct me if im in the wrong place please
Answered in 1 day by:
12/26/2017
Tutor: akch2002, Engineer replied 6 months ago
akch2002
akch2002, Engineer

Kindly inform dead line. Also upload relevant text. I will try to reply these questions.