Homework

Homework Questions? Ask a Tutor for Answers ASAP

You need to prepare a mop bucket for the end of day clean…

Customer Question
You need to prepare a...
You need to prepare a mop bucket for the end of day clean up. The disinfectant you are using has a dilution ratio of 1/2 ounce per gallon. The mop bucket holds 5 gallons.
A. How many ounces of disinfectant will you need for the 5 gallon mop bucket?
B. How many milliliters of disinfectant will you need for the 5 gallon mop bucket? Please show your work
Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Homework
12/23/2017
Tutor: Cher, Teacher replied 7 months ago
Cher
Cher, Teacher

Hi again, and thanks for requesting me. (If you request me again, please make sure to include my name [For Cher Only] at the beginning of your question, so other experts know you would like me to answer) Thanks!

I'm reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply, shortly.

-------------------------------------

Answers:

If each gallon of water needs 1/2 ounce of disinfectant and you are using a 5 gallon mop bucket, you need to multiply 1/2 ounce by 5, equaling 2½ ounces of disinfectant for the 5 gallon mop bucket.

You will multiply both amounts by 5: 1 gallon of water and ½ ounce disinfectant-- 5 X 1 gallon= 5 gallons; 5X ½ oz=2.5 ounces. So the answer is 2.5 ounces of disinfectant for 5 gallons of water.

---------------------

B. How many milliliters of disinfectant will you need for the 5 gallon mop bucket?

2.5 ounces of disinfectant, converted to milliliters, equals 73.93382390625 = 73 milliliters.

Work shown:

To calculate a value in ounces [US, liquid] to the corresponding value in milliliters, just multiply the quantity in ounces by 29.5735295625 (the conversion factor).

Here is the formula:

Value in milliliters = value in ounces × 29.5735295625

You want to convert 2.5 ounces [US, liquid] into milliliters. In this case you will have:

Value in milliliters = 2.5 × 29.5735295625 = 73.93382390625 or 73

----------------------------------------

I hope this helps!

Your satisfaction is my ultimate goal and I welcome any follow-up questions you may have on this subject, at no additional charge.

At the conclusion of our correspondence, your 5-star rating will be most appreciated, as this will enable me to continue to send quality answers to additional clients and receive recognition from the website for my assistance.

Please take a moment to rate all the answers I've sent to you with a positive (5 star) rating, so I can receive credit from the website for my time and assistance. Thank you so much!

Best wishes and Happy Holidays,

Cher

This answer is protected
Would you like to ask this question?
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.