Homework

Homework Questions? Ask a Tutor for Answers ASAP

Homework

Being able to observe cats and understand their body

Customer Question
language is very important for...
Being able to observe cats and understand their body language is very important for assistants. Describe the body language you would see if you had a happy cat, an angry aggressive cat and a depressed cat. Please provide at least 4 descriptions for each category.
Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Homework
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Please thank you
12/23/2017
Tutor: Cher, Teacher replied 1 month ago
Cher
Cher, Teacher

Hi, I'm Cher. Welcome to JustAnswer.

I'm reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply, shortly.

Hello, again and thanks for your patience.

Are you asking only about their behavior at the vet's office, observed by a vet assistance or behavior at home, as well? Different behaviors can be interpreted differently in an adult cat or kitten. I'll address a full grown cat, which is more meaningful in a vet's office environment.

I'll get back with you as soon as your answer is completed.

Best regards,

Cher

Hi, again.

Here is your answer:

A HAPPY cat will accepting of petting; she will be purring steadily; her ears will be in normal, straight up position, not forward, not back, and she might roll on her back, exposing her tummy, showing complete trust and contentment with her surroundings; she will be very relaxed.

------------

An ANGRY, AGGRESSIVE cat will show the following behavior:

Hissing, low or deep growling, ears back, tail swishing quickly back and forth, not wanting to be touched.

------------

A DEPRESSED cat may exhibit the following actions:

Isolating, hiding or wanting to be off by himself and not interact with anyone; diminished or complete lack of appetite; will stop grooming; general lack of energy and wanting to sleep a lot (lethargy), not waning to play; stop meowing if previously quite vocal. Depression and these symptoms might also indicate physical illness, so the cat should be evaluated by a vet, immediately.

---------------------

I hope this helps!

Your satisfaction is my ultimate goal and I welcome any follow-up questions you may have on this subject, at no additional charge.

At the conclusion of our correspondence, your 5-star rating will be most appreciated, as this will enable me to continue to send quality answers to additional clients and receive recognition from the website for my assistance. Rating will not close your question, you can reply at any time.

Best wishes and Happy Holidays,

Cher

This answer is protected
Would you like to ask this question?
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.
Cher
Cher
Cher, Teacher