Homework

Homework Questions? Ask a Tutor for Answers ASAP

What figurative language is being used in the following

Customer Question
quote from Chief Seattle's speech...
What figurative language is being used in the following quote from Chief Seattle's speech: "My words are like the stars that never set."
Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Homework
12/18/2017
Tutor: Cher, Teacher replied 7 months ago
Cher
Cher, Teacher

Hi, I'm Cher. Welcome to JustAnswer.

I'm reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply, shortly.

Hello again, Ryan.

The type of figurative language that is being used in the quote you included by Chief Seattle: "My words are like the stars that never set." is a simile. A simile (pronounced: "sim-i-lee") is a comparison of two things that are not alike, and uses "like" or "as."

I hope you found this helpful.

Your satisfaction is my ultimate goal and I welcome any follow-up questions you may have on this subject, at no additional charge.

At the conclusion of our correspondence, your 5-star rating will be most appreciated, as this will enable me to continue to send quality answers to additional clients and receive recognition from the website for my assistance.

Best regards,

Cher

Hello again, Ryan.

I just thought I'd check in to see how things are going for you and I hope all is well.

My primary goal is to always provide the best answer possible. Please let me know if you found my answer helpful, so I can receive credit from the website for my assistance.

Thank you so much and Happy Holidays!

Cher

Tutor: Cher, Teacher replied 6 months ago
This answer is protected
Would you like to ask this question?
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.