Homework

Homework Questions? Ask a Tutor for Answers ASAP

In 1998, Ben purchased Blackacre, a rustic cabin located on…

Customer Question
In 1998, Ben purchased...

In 1998, Ben purchased Blackacre, a rustic cabin located on 5 acres on the bluffs
overlooking River. Except for a period from 2002 to 2006 when Ben was in prison for
burglary, Ben has lived continuously at Blackacre.
In 2000, Cave bought Amazing Caverns, a partially flooded cave located in the bluffs
along River. That same year, Cave put gates on the entrances to Amazing Caverns and
began giving paid boat tours, with the tours entering from River, following a route
parallel to River, and exiting (through the gift shop) back onto River 3 miles downstream
from the entrance. Except for Blackacre, Cave owns all of the land along River between
the entrances to Amazing Caverns. Over the years, when Ben’s daughter Sue would
visit, Ben and Sue took several boat tours of Amazing Caverns.
In 2017, Sue began living at Blackacre with her father. That same year, Ben executed
an otherwise valid deed conveying Blackacre to Sue, telling Sue that Blackacre would
be hers. Ben placed the deed in his own lockbox for safekeeping.
In 2018, Cave sold Amazing Caverns and all of the land along River to Promoter.
Promoter’s advertising campaigns drew larger and larger crowds to Amazing Caverns
during the tourist season. Tired of the traffic, in 2021 Sue blocked the entrance to
Amazing Caverns with her boat, claiming that she was one of the owners. When Promoter files a lawsuit against Ben and Sue to quiet title, who will
prevail? Discuss.

Tutor's Assistant: What state is this in? And how old is the boat?

Washington

Tutor's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

No?

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Homework
12/14/2017
Tutor: F. Naz, Chartered Accountant replied 8 months ago
F. Naz
F. Naz, Chartered Accountant
This answer is protected
Would you like to ask this question?
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.