Homework

Homework Questions? Ask a Tutor for Answers ASAP

Homework

The problem Write a RainFall class that stores the total…

Customer Question
The problem Write a RainFall class...
The problem
Write a RainFall class that stores the total rainfall for each of 12 months into an array of doubles. The program should have methods that return the following:the total rainfall for the year
the average monthly rainfall
the month with the most rain
the month with the least rain
Demonstrate the class in a complete program.
Input Validation: Do not accept negative numbers for monthly rainfall figures.I have the pure class for this problem and want to come out an application class which uses Scanner class to ask users to fill in their monthly rainfall. Make the application class short and easy.Here is the pure class, according to this, please help me to get an application class
/**
The Rainfall class stores data about a rainfall
for the Rainfall Class programming challenge.
*/public class Rainfall
{
private double[] rain; // Array to hold rainfall data
/**
Constructor
@param r An array of rainfall figures.
*/
public Rainfall(double r[])
{
// Create a new array.
rain = new double[r.length];
// Copy the argument's elements to the
// new array.
for (int i = 0; i < r.length; i++)
rain[i] = r[i];
}
/**
The getTotalRainFall method calculates the total
rainfall.
@return The total amount of rainfall.
*/
public double getTotalRainFall()
{
double total = 0.0; // Accumulator
// Accumulate the sum of the rain array elements.
for (int i = 0; i < rain.length; i++)
total += rain[i];// Return the sum.
return total;
}
/**
The getAverageRainfall method calculates the
average amount of rainfall.
@return The average amount of rainfall.
*/
public double getAverageRainFall()
{
return getTotalRainFall() / rain.length;
}/**
The getHighestMonth method determines the month
with the highest amount of rainfall.
@return The number of the month with the highest
amount of rainfall.
*/
public int getHighestMonth()
{
int highest = 0;
// Find the element with the highest value.
for (int i = 1; i < rain.length; i++)
{
if (rain[i] > rain[highest])
highest = i;
}
// Return the element number.
return highest;
}/**
The getLowstMonth method determines the month
with the lowest amount of rainfall.
@return The number of the month with the lowest
amount of rainfall.
*/
public int getLowestMonth()
{
int lowest = 0;
// Find the element with the lowest value.
for (int i = 1; i < rain.length; i++)
{
if (rain[i] < rain[lowest])
lowest = i;
}
// Return the element number.
return lowest;
}/**
The getRainAt method returns a specified value
in the array.
@param e The element number to return.
@return The value stored in the specified element.
*/
public double getRainAt(int e)
{
return rain[e];
}
}
Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Homework
12/12/2017
Tutor: LogicPro, Engineer replied 2 months ago
LogicPro
LogicPro, Engineer

Hi

Welcome

Download answer from here: http://wikisend.com/download/773628/RainFallClass.zip

Let me know if you need anything else or Leave your rating by selecting five stars located on the top right of the question page. Giving a positive rating compensates the Expert for their time with you. Please remember that your Expert will not be paid until you leave a positive rating for the answer. If the stars are grayed out or you cannot click on the stars to rate your experience, reply to your Expert and let them know so they can adjust your question and allow you to rate.

Please consider adding bonus after rating

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/what-if-expert-does-really-fantastic-job-hl

You can also come back and add a bonus at a later date by using the "Write a review or give a bonus" button on your question page.

We can continue the conversation until you're satisfied and rate my answer as excellent to credit me. I can address follow up questions and I'm always here to help.

You can ask me again using "For LogicPro only" at the start of your questions like other customers to get instant answers. It will ensure that question is for me.

Please bookmark my profile page:

http://www.justanswer.com/homework/expert-logicpro/

so you can come back and ask me a question anytime.

Thank you for using this site!

LogicPro

This answer is protected
Would you like to ask this question?
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.
LogicPro
LogicPro
LogicPro, Engineer