Homework

Homework Questions? Ask a Tutor for Answers ASAP

Any database experts who can help with below term project?

Customer Question
Hello , Any database experts...
Hello , Any database experts who can help with below term project?Objective
Create an initial design for the database schema for an online DVD rental business that is
similar to the DVD rental portion of the business pioneered by NetFlix®. Map your conceptual
design into your approved DBMS, and implement the database schema.
Project Description
Design a database for a DVD rental business such as Netflix.com. The store rents DVDs online.
The customer business model is illustrated below.
In order to rent a movie, a person must be enrolled at the online store. There are two different
membership programs. As quoted from NetFlix®:
“With NetFlix you can rent as many DVDs from the comfort of your home and have them
delivered to your door in about 1 business day. There are no late fees and no due dates,
and shipping is free both ways. Programs start at $11.99 plus any applicable tax. With our
most popular program, 3-at-a-time, you can rent as many DVDs as you want for just
$17.99 a month. You keep a revolving library of up to 3 DVDs at a time and can exchange
them for new available DVDs as often as you like. … Our 2-at-a-time program (limit 4
DVDs per month) is $11.99 plus any applicable tax per month.” (From
http://www.netflix.com)
Below is an example use case to aid in understanding the Netflix operation:
1. A customer signs up for the three-at-a-time plan.
2. The same customer adds 10 movies to their queue.
3. Netflix mails to the customer the first three movies in their queue.
4. The customer watches and returns the first movie to Netflix.
Page 2 of 5
5. Netflix mails out the next movie in the queue to the customer, which is the fourth movie
added to the queue in Step #3.
This use case is not exhaustive. There will be elements in your database mentioned in the
Netflix specification, but not mentioned in this use case.
The database will store membership information for each person, the movies she/he rented,
movies in the queue to be rented, and so on. The rental history can be used for many purposes,
including:
 customers reviewing what they have rented.
 employees reviewing what a customer has rented for situations where the customer
never mailed the movie back or the movie was lost in the mail.
 Neflix analyzing many customers’ rental histories to determine the least popular and most
popular movies for marketing purposes.
Use Cases
Below are a total of 10 use cases. The use cases come in pairs, and each pair covers one
aspect of the Netflix Operation. A complete schema design will allow all ten of these use cases
to be addressed in full. For use cases where information is requested, provide a single query to
retrieve the information. For use cases that require data modification, develop a parameterized
stored procedure that performs the modifications, and invoke the stored procedure. The stored
procedures you create should be designed to be reusable, by making use of one or more
parameters. For example, the stored procedure for use case #***** should use at least two
parameters – one to specify the customer and another to specify the particular movie being
rented.1) Rentals
a. A customer rents the movies “X-Men: Days of Future Past” and “The Angry
Birds Movie”. Develop a parameterized stored procedure that supports a
customer renting a movie, then invoke the stored procedure two times (to
satisfy the use case) for acustomer of your choosing.
b. A customer requests the titles of all movies they have rented that are directed
by “George Lucas” and “Rich Christiano”. Write a single query that retrieves
this information for a customer of your choosing.
2) Movie Queue
a. A customer adds a movie to their queue so that the newly added movie will be
the next movie they receive. Develop a parameterized stored procedure that
accomplishes this, then invoke the stored procedure for a customer and movie
of your choosing.
b. A customer wants to see the names of the first three movies in their queue.
Write a single query that retrieves this information for a customer of your
choosing.
3) Enrollment
a. A customer enrolls in the two-at-a-time plan and another customer enrolls in
the three-at-a-time plan. Develop a parameterized stored procedure that
accomplishes this, then invoke the stored procedure two times (to satisfy the
use case) for customers of your choosing.
Page 3 of 5
b. Management requests the names of all currently active customers that are
enrolled in the two-at-a-time plan. Write a single query that retrieves this
information.
4) Inventory
a. Netflix acquires three more copies of the movie “Star Trek Into Darkness”, and
two more copies of “Dredd”, and a staff member records these inventory
changes in the database. Develop a parameterized stored procedure and
invoke it multiple times to satisfy the use case.
Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Homework
Answered in 1 day by:
11/30/2017
Tutor: George Sibiya, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 7 months ago
George Sibiya
George Sibiya, Computer Hardware Engineer
Welcome to JustAnswer and thank you for utilizing our services.
By when is this require?
Regards,
G
next week, thanks.

Ok I'll target to complete it over the weeked

Please do not hesitate to check on progress then

ok sure
do you have update?

I'll update you in lesser than 6 hours

delayed but still on it

ok, what you looking from me?

Just got back to it now after office work

Just a quick one, is MySql one of your approved DBMS?

i would need need Oracle SQL developer

Ok thanks