Homework

Homework Questions? Ask a Tutor for Answers ASAP

Homework

I asked a question and will pay but the site asks me to

Customer Question
hi i asked a question...
hi i asked a question and will pay but the site asks me to verify an ammount below 200 usd which i want to but it does not give me the option to do so, please help
Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Homework
Answered in 1 hour by:
11/17/2017
Tutor: GLENN, Teacher replied 1 month ago
GLENN
GLENN, Teacher

Hi

Thank you for using this site, can you post your complete questions?

Customer reply replied 28 days ago
hi glenn.
the question was.
I have an area of land that has dune sand on it, the depth of the sand is average 6 meters to reach gravel base. I need to remove the sand. I do not want to use excavators or front end loaders or dump trucks.
I want to remove the sand at a rate of 40 cubic meters an hour. I want to vacuum the sand up through a system and have it deposited 100 meters away. I want to have a trench of 40 meters wide by 200 meters long. I want to build a blower that will blow air through a 100 meter hose at very high pressure , to this 100 meter hose which should be 100 to 150 mm in diameter I wish to connect a venture connection with a 20 meter suction hose.
an idea is velocity of air to draw suction into outlet. ie when a plane propeller rotates the volume of air is enough to allow take off. so this must be designed into a reduction tunnel and be driven by one source of power. ie. a tractor pto shaft which rotates at 550 rpm,. can you work out the size of prop and the speed of prop and the structure diameters of housing needed to create the necessary forces needed to do the sand job.
Tutor: GLENN, Teacher replied 28 days ago

I think this is an engineering question, right?

Customer reply replied 28 days ago
it is a mechanical engineering question

ok, I will open this question and kindly hold on, for proper expert to reply.

Customer reply replied 28 days ago
thank you Glenn
Scott
Scott
Scott, MIT Graduate