Homework

Homework Questions? Ask a Tutor for Answers ASAP

Music exams Penn forster college 350700RR Medieval and

Customer Question
Music exams Penn forster college 350700RR...
Music exams Penn forster college
350700RR Medieval and Renaissance Periods
1. A passage of music is marked "ritardando." The following passage is marked "a tempo." The composer is instructing the players to?
A. speed up and then return to the original speed. B. slow down and then return to the original speed. C. speed up and then come to an abrupt stop. D. gradually slow down until the end of the piece.
2. Two notes that are one octave apart have the same?
A. pitch. B. name. C. interval. D. frequency.
3. The opposite of consonance is?
A. sequence. B. polyphony. C. resolution. D. dissonance.
4. Hildegard of Bingen composed music that featured?
A. harmony. B. monophony. C. measured rhythm. D. duple meter.
5. Which two instruments have the most similar timbre?
A. Drums and bass B. Harp and trombone C. Saxophone and piano D. Violin and viola
6. Two people are singing a children's song as a round. One singer begins, and the other starts to sing exactly the same melody after a delay. This is an example of ?
A. a sequence. B. homophonic music. C. chorale form. D. imitation.
7. Where would Josquin des Prez's "Ave Maria" have most likely been performed?
A. At a dance B. During a Mass C. At a street festival D. At a monastery
8. The melody of the opening phrase of The Star Spangled Banner rises and falls in pitch. Which of the following sections of lyrics corresponds with a rise in pitch?
A. "Yet wave" B. "By the dawn's" C. "O, say" D. "Early light"
9. Texture describes the combination of ?
A. melody and rhythm. B. time and space. C. music and lyrics. D. melody and harmony.
10. Which term means "cycles per second?"
A. Tone B. Pitch C. Frequency D. Wavelength
11. Two strings vibrate at different frequencies. Which one will create a higher pitch?
A. The one that vibrates faster B. The one with the lowest frequency C. The one that vibrates slower D. The one with the largest wavelength
12. A theme is a melodic idea that's
A. of lesser importance than other musical ideas. B. always in a minor key. C. a two-measure song. D. stated and restated in different forms.
13. Annie is trying to memorize a song. She breaks up the melody into short sections called
A. tunes. B. scales. C. lines. D. phrases.
14. The Italian word presto means
A. flat. B. very quick. C. at a walking pace. D. solemn.
15. Which voice part sings the lowest notes in an SATB choir?
A. Tenor B. Alto C. Soprano D. Bass
16. A new system of musical notation was developed during the period of Ars Antiqua, between the years 1170–1310. This new notation was designed to show
A. rhythm. B. texture. C. pitch. D. embellishment.
17. Which of the following instruments has the smallest pitch range?
A. A harmonica B. A hand bell C. A violin D. A piano
18. Which of the following instruments creates sound through striking?
A. Lute B. Clarinet C. Synthesizer D. Xylophone
19. Compositions used for religious ceremonies in the early Christian Church were called
A. motets. B. dance music. C. troubadour songs. D. Gregor***** *****ts.
20. Compositions used for religious ceremonies in the early Christian Church were called
350701RR the Baroque Era
1. Which of the following is a multimovement instrumental work?
A. Cantata B. Oratorio C. Sonata D. Opera
2. Bach resets many simple choral melodies into complex works using
A. stringed instruments.
B. Latin.
C. multiple voices.
D. figured bass.
3. Bach's "Little Fugue in G Minor" was written for
A. violin and basso continuo.
B. choir.
C. harpsichord
D. body.
4. A work often composed of solo instrument and consisting of a series of movements based on dance rhythms is called a
A. fugue.
B. sonata.
C. suite.
D. Prelude.
5. Instrumental ensemble music that normally requires only one player per part is called
A. sonata music.
B. orchestral music.
C. chamber music.
D. theater music
6. Which of the following ensembles could play basso continuo?
A. Organ and violin
B. Harpsichord and flute
C. Organ and Cello
D. Bassoon and Timpani
7. One of the most prolific composers of solo concerts during the Baroque Era was
A. George Frideric Trade.
B. Elisabeth-Claude Jacquet de la Guerre.
C. Johann Sebastian Bach.
D. Antonio Vivaldi.
8. The greatest baroque church musician (composer) was
A. Jacopo Peri.
B. Henry Purcell.
C. Johann Sebastian Bach.
D. Claudio Monteverdi.
9. Additions to written music are called
A. Ripienos.
B. tremolos.
C. ritornellos.
D. embellishments.
10. Sacred cantatas were performed in churches. Secular cantatas were originally performed in
A. people's homes.
B. schools.
C. church basements.
D. theaters.
11. The Protestant Martin Luther wrote many melodies for
A. Chorales.
B. oratorios.
C. recitatives.
D. arias.
12. Bach lived and worked in
A. Germany.
B. England.
C. Italy.
D. France.
13. The gospels are biblical b
Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Homework
11/13/2017
Tutor: Dr. Donna Kakonge, Retired College Professor replied 8 months ago
Dr. Donna Kakonge
Dr. Donna Kakonge, Retired College Professor

Dear Customer,

Thank you for coming to Just Answer. How many of these questions do you have in total?

Thank you.

They are not complete I tryed to upload all of it but it did not work I have in total 180 MCQs but I could only upload few that’s wat ur swing now
If all my questions can not be answered by that prize please I would like to have my refund
the subject of my questions is MUSIC

Dear Customer,

That sounds great! That is a lot. When is your deadline to have all of these questions completed?

If you can wait to have the answers until Thursday, November 16th, I will make an offer to you and once you accept it, I will start the work for you and we can exchange emails so that you can send me the rest of the questions.

Thank you.

This offer is too much I cnt and I would like to have a refund if u cnt answer all my 180Qs to this price
U have a quater of my questions

Dear Customer,

I will opt out so that another Expert can help you.

Thank you.

I want my money back coz I see no one can help

Dear Customer,

You have not paid anything yet. What you see on your card is a hold of payment, not a charge. What can you afford keeping in mind my previous offer?

Thank you.

One hundred and eight questions are a lot of questions.

That y I need my refund since u cnt do it

Dear Customer,

I can do it. What can you afford based on my previous offer? What can you afford? I am willing to negotiate.

I don’t want enything all I want is my not to be charged & refunds if have been charge

Dear Customer,

That is unfortunate, however, I do understand. I hope that you will use Just Answer again in future. You have not been charged, however, just for your own protection and peace of mind, please call Customer Service with Just Answer at the following phone number:

1(###) ###-####/p>

Confirm with them that you have not been charged and I will simply remove this question from my list.

Thank you and please have a great evening.

Thank you again.

Hello
I would like to tell u that I have been charged for and I didn’t get eny help plus
I tryed to cancel my purchase witch u did not help me all I wanted was a refund of my money

Dear Customer,

I cannot give you a refund and I tried to help you. I have not been paid. I will opt out of this question so that you can call Customer Service yourself and get whatever refund that may or may not be owed to you. I explained everything to you before. I was not paid. You may not have received a refund because you did not pay either, but I do not know this for sure. Only you know your banking details. Please contact Customer Service with Just Answer. They are the only ones who can help you regarding payment issues.

Thank you and please have a great day!