Homework

Homework Questions? Ask a Tutor for Answers ASAP

Homework

I have homework I need help with, there are 20 questions. It

is a stats class....
I have homework I need help with, there are 20 questions. It is a stats class.
Answered in 1 minute by:
10/18/2017
GLENN
GLENN, Teacher

hi can you post the question s

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I'll post the first one, and try to post a few at a time after that
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
In the week before and the week after a​ holiday, there were
10,000 total​ deaths, and 4931 of them occurred in the week before the holiday.
a. Construct a 95​% confidence interval estimate of the proportion of deaths in the week before the holiday to the total deaths in the week before and the week after the holiday.
b. Based on the​ result, does there appear to be any indication that people can temporarily postpone their death to survive the​ holiday?
a.
<p<
​(Round to three decimal places as​ needed.)
No​, because the proportion could
easily equal 0.5. The interval
is not less than 0.5 the week before the holiday.
Yes​,
because the proportion
could not
easily equal 0.5. The interval
is
substantially less than 0.5 the week before the holiday.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
2.
An online site presented this​ question, "Would the recent norovirus outbreak deter you from taking a​ cruise?" Among the 34,774
people who​ responded, 67​% answered​"yes." Use the sample data to construct a
95​%
confidence interval estimate for the proportion of the population of all people who would respond​ "yes" to that question. Does the confidence interval provide a good estimate of the population​ proportion?
X < p <X
Does the confidence interval provide a good estimate of the population​ proportion?
A.
​No, the responses are not independent.
B.
​Yes, the sample is large enough to provide a good estimate of the population proportion.
C.
​No, the sample is a voluntary sample and might not be representative of the population.
D.
​Yes, all the assumptions for a confidence interval are satisfied.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
3.
For the given​ claim, complete parts​ (a) and​ (b) below.
​Claim: High school teachers have incomes with a standard deviation that is
less than $23,000.
A recent study of 136 high school teacher incomes showed a standard deviation of
​$21,000.
a. Express the original claim in symbolic form.b. Identify the null and the alternative hypotheses that should be used to arrive at a conclusion that supports the claim.Upper H 0H0​:
 Upper H1​:
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
4.
The claim is that the proportion of peas with yellow pods is equal to 0.25​ (or 25%). The sample statistics from one experiment include 600 peas with 186
of them having yellow pods. Find the value of the test statistic.
The value of the test statistic is
.
​(Round to two decimal places as​ needed.)
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
5.
In a Harris​ poll, adults were asked if they are in favor of abolishing the penny. Among the​ responses,
1259
answered​ "no," 482
answered​ "yes," and 377
had no opinion. What is the sample proportion of yes​ responses, and what notation is used to represent​ it?
Choose the correct answer below.
A.
p = =0.277
The symbol p is used to represent a sample proportion.
B.
p=0.277.
C.
p=0.228.
The symbol p
is used to represent a sample proportion.
D.
p=0.228.
The symbol p is used to represent a sample proportion
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
6.
Using a table of critical​ t-values of the t​ distribution, find the range of values for the​ P-value for testing a claim about the mean body temperature of healthy adults for a​left-tailed test with
n=11 and test statistic t equals negative 3.684 .What is the range of values for the​ P-value?
A.
P-value<0.005
B.
0.025<P-value<0.05
C.
0.005<P-value<0.01
D.
0.01 < P - value less than 0.025

When is the deadline of these 20 questions?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
i have 180 minutes

Can you kindly post all 20 questions at once?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
sure I'll post the rest all at once - It will take me a few minutes..would you be able to work on those first ones for me while I do the rest together?
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!
You can view this answer by clicking here to Register or Login and paying $3.
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.
GLENN
GLENN, Teacher

.

Hi
I have just posted below my email address. Kindly send these questions to my email, so that I can send the answer files through your email, on your required time. Thanks.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thanks, I'll send them over now. Will take a few minutes to copy/paste all of them.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Can you save the ones i've already sent?

Can you kindly send me these questions in my email? so I can send the answers to these questions thru your email? (sometimes there is some problem with my connection and the site, unlike using my email, it will be smooth)

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
mark i only have 15 minutes left

ok

GLENN
GLENN
GLENN, Teacher