Homework

Homework Questions? Ask a Tutor for Answers ASAP

1. It's a good rule of thumb to use _______ in your research…

Customer Question
1. It's a good...

1. It's a good rule of thumb to use _______ in your research project.
A. only primary sources
B. only secondary sources
C. one primary source per every three secondary sources
D. a mix of both primary and secondary sources
2. Information literacy is defined as a set of skills needed to
A. find, retrieve, analyze, and use information.
B. write effectively for research papers.
C. learn and speak a second language.
D. communicate effectively for speech and public speaking.
3. Where is the best place to look for information about a specific person?
A. A current biography or book
B. A trade journal
C. Atlas of American History
D. The White Queen
4. Which of the following sentences about Wikipedia is true?
A. Wikipedia's content can be edited anonymously by anyone at any time, making it an unreliable source.
B. You should never use Wikipedia during a research project, even for background research.
C. You should never use Wikipedia during a research project because its information is usually wrong.
D. All of the content on Wikipedia is written in a biased point of view.
5. The best way to use Wikipedia when doing a research project is to
A. quote statistics directly from the Wikipedia article.
B. familiarize yourself with a topic during the background research stage.
C. gain complete knowledge of your topic by using a simple, one-stop source.
D. cut and paste sections of the Wikipedia article into your research paper or project.
6. The five steps of research consist of
A. choosing a website, choosing a topic, looking at your textbook, asking your instructor for direction, and citing sources.B. choosing your topic, doing a Web search, doing a Wikipedia search, performing a Boolean search, and making a
bibliography.
C. choosing and refining your topic, finding and retrieving materials, evaluating sources, organizing information, and citing sources.
D. choosing search engines, finding and retrieving materials, evaluating materials, making note cards, and preparing a
bibliography.
7. Which of the following is not a primary source?
A. A diary
B. A map
C. A speech
D. An article in a journal written after the original event
8. What is the second step in the research process?
A. Choose and refine your topic
B. Organize your information
C. Find and retrieve materials
D. Evaluate your sources
9. The United Nations Statistical Yearbook is an example of a/an
A. statistical source.
B. almanac.
C. directory.
D. trade journal.
10. _______ holds more than 9 million digital items from more than 100 historical collections.
A. American Memory Historical Collections for the National Digital Library
B. Wikipedia
C. ED.gov
D. The National Security Archives
11. Identify which of the following is not a step in the research process.
A. Edit your paper
B. Cite your sources
C. Find and retrieve materials
D. Choose and refine your topic
12. An example of an almanac is
A. National Atlas of the United States.
B. Roget's.
C. World Book.
D. Old Farmer's.
13. What is the fourth step in the research process?A. Find and retrieve materials
B. Cite your sources
C. Organize your information
D. Evaluate your sources
14. Which of the following research questions will yield the broadest results?
A. Does food need to be handled and prepared differently for children that are five then for those that are two? How?
B. How do I learn more about food safety in terms of children?
C. What are the consequences of not following proper sanitation requirements?
D. What kind presentation techniques and tricks can be used to encourage a child to eat healthy foods?
15. Primary sources are defined as original
A. information from encyclopedias written during the time period in which a specific event took place.
B. information from textbooks written about a specific era.
C. sources of information that were written by those who had firsthand experience of topics or events.
D. depictions of events from the standpoint of a playwright who lived and published plays or satire during the time per

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Homework
10/2/2017
Tutor: Cher, Teacher replied 7 months ago
Cher
Cher, Teacher

Hello, and welcome!

My name is ***** ***** it will be my pleasure to assist you today.

You listed only 15 questions; is that the complete exam?

By when do you need this completed?

Hello, again.

Please click on the link below, to download and save your answers.

Please let me know after you have successfully downloaded the link. Thanks!

https://www.mediafire.com/file/27x4rp2icpwaai4/B20%20100%20Info%20Literacy.docx

------------

I hope you feel that I have given you Great Service. If so, a 5 star rating would be appreciated. Your rating should be based solely on my answer and not any site issue. Experts are not compensated for their assistance, until a positive rating is given.

If you have any other, related questions, please reply here, and I'll be happy to follow up with you at no additional charge, even after you have rated.

Thank you very much!

Warmest wishes,

Cher

Hello, again.

It seems you have not yet read my answer; can you please let me know if you had a problem accessing it or another problem, and I will be able to help.

Thanks,

Cher

This answer is protected
Would you like to ask this question?
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.
Cher
Cher
Cher, Teacher