Homework

Homework Questions? Ask a Tutor for Answers ASAP

I am writing a program for class, but unfortuintly the

Customer Question
I am writing a...

I am writing a program for class, but unfortuintly the progam is behaving like i would like it to.

Tutor's Assistant: What programs and versions are you using?

Im using java vs 9 i belive

Tutor's Assistant: What is your ideal outcome? How can we solve this for you?

I guess, tell me what exatly im doing wrong in my code to be able to fix it

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Homework
9/30/2017
Tutor: Bhavik Joshi, Computer Software Engineer replied 10 months ago
Bhavik Joshi
Bhavik Joshi, Computer Software Engineer

Hi, I'm Bhavik. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will reply back ASAP.

Please attach your code here using Add files option so that I can debug it.

i cant make it a file to send
can i paste the text here?
public static void main(String[] args)
{//Program to calculate tip
Scanner scnr = new Scanner(System.in);
double billCharge = 0;
int peopleInParty = 0;
double tipAmount = 0;
double totalCharge = billCharge * tipAmount / 100 + billCharge;System.out.println("This program will help you calculate the tip" +
" for your bill, that corresponds to the type of service you" +
" had during your meal.");
System.out.println("If there are more than 6 people in your party" +
" a charge of 25% will be added to your bill automaticly for your tip.");// Get user data on bill amount
System.out.println("Please enter the charge of your bill here.");
billCharge = scnr.nextDouble();// Get user data on the amount of people in the dining party
System.out.println("Thank you, ***** ***** enter the amount of people"
+ " in your party");
peopleInParty = scnr.nextInt();if (peopleInParty > 6)
{
System.out.println("Since your party size had over 6 people"
+ " in it, your tip is automatically raised to 25%");
tipAmount = 25;//Get user data on what tip they would like to add
System.out.println("Thank you, ***** ***** enter the tip amount you" +
" would like to add to your total bill." +
" The tip added will be in a percentage." +
" You can type 10 for poor service," +
" 15 for adequate service," +
" or 20 for good service.");
tipAmount = scnr.nextInt();// Display how much the total bill will be
System.out.println("Thank you for your input, your bill was "
+ billCharge);System.out.println("The total amount of people in your party was "
+ peopleInParty);System.out.println("The amount you selected for a tip percent is "
+ tipAmount + "%");System.out.println("The grand total for your bill, with tax is " +
totalCharge * .0625);System.out.println("Thank you for dining with us, and using our" +
" program to calculate your total bill price. We hope to see you" +
" again soon!");}
}
}