Homework

Homework Questions? Ask a Tutor for Answers ASAP

I need help passing my test. Well its a open book test when…

Customer Question
I need help passing...

I need help passing my test

Tutor's Assistant: The Math Tutor can help you get an A on your homework or ace your next test. Tell me more about what you need help with so we can help you best.

Well its a open book test when I pulled up your site there is a list of all the questions . How do I retrieve the answers?

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Homework
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/29/2017
Tutor: GLENN, Teacher replied 7 months ago
GLENN
GLENN, Teacher

Hi

Thank you for using this site, can you kindly post the complete set of questions? Please reply asap.

Part I: Computation and Short Answer (80 points)Question 1. 1.
Identify each of the following as examples of nominal, ordinal, interval, or ratio scales of measurement. (4 points each)
1.A poll of registered voters in Florida asking which candidate they support
2.The length of time required for a wound to heal when using a new medicine
3.The number of telephone calls arriving at a switchboard per five-minute period
4.The distance first-year college football players can kick a ball
5.Mental health diagnoses present in an elderly population
6.The rankings of employees on their job performance
(Points : 24)Question 2. 2.
Two hundred raffle tickets are sold. Your friend has five people in her family who each bought two raffle tickets. What is the probability that someone from her family will win the raffle?
(Points : 4)Question 3. 3. Jolie has a time of 45 minutes for doing her statistics homework. If the mean is 38 minutes and the standard deviation is 3, calculate Jolie's z score. Once calculated, interpret your findings in terms of Jolie's performance.
(HINT: use the normal distribution and the probability that other students performed better or worse.) (Points : 8)Question 4. 4. A psychologist measures units of change for a memory test after students are given an opportunity to sleep only four hours. The following change units were obtained: 7, -12, 4, -7, 3, -10. Find the a) mean, b) median, c) mode, d) standard deviation, e) range, and f) variance. (Points : 24)Question 5. 5. A student scored 81 on a chemistry test and 75 on a history test. For the chemistry test, the mean was 70 and the standard deviation was 20. For the history test, the mean was 65 and the standard deviation was 8. Did the student do better on the chemistry test or the history test? Explain your answer. (Points : 12)Question 6. 6. Suppose you want to figure out what to do with your degree in psychology. You ask some fellow students from your psychology program who recently graduated to find out what they are doing with their degree and how much it pays. What type of sampling is this? What are the limitations of this sampling approach? (Points : 8)Question 7. 7. Variables in which the values are categories are known as (Points : 4)
Interval variables
Nominal variables
Ordinal variables
Ratio variablesQuestion 8. 8. Before the researcher can conduct a statistical test, the research question must be translated into (Points : 4)
A testable hypothesis
Additional observationsMathematical symbolsNumbersQuestion 9. 9. The hypothesis stating that there are no differences, effects, or relationships is (Points : 4)
The alternative hypothesisThe baseline hypothesisThe null hypothesisThe reasonable hypothesisQuestion 10. 10. A group of students made the following scores on a 10-item quiz in psychological statistics: {5, 6, 7, 7, 7, 8, 8, 9, 9, 10, 10} What is the mean score? (Points : 4)
6.67.27.88.7Question 11. 11. A group of students made the following scores on a 10-item quiz in psychological statistics: {5, 6, 7, 7, 7, 8, 8, 9, 9, 10, 10} What is the median score? (Points : 4)
6
7
8
9Question 12. 12. A group of students made the following scores on a 10-item quiz in psychological statistics: {5, 6, 7, 7, 7, 8, 8, 9, 9, 10, 10} What is the mode? (Points : 4)
5
7
8
9Question 13. 13. A group of students made the following scores on a 10-item quiz in psychological statistics: {5, 6, 7, 7, 7, 8, 8, 9, 9, 10, 10} What is the range of scores? (Points : 4)
5
6
7
11Question 14. 14. A group of students made the following scores on a 10-item quiz in psychological statistics: {5, 6, 7, 7, 7, 8, 8, 9, 9, 10, 10} What is the variance, treating these scores as a sample? (Points : 4)
1.53
1.602.332.56Question 15. 15. The standard normal distribution has all the following properties EXCEPT: (Points : 4)
The mean, mode, and median are all equalThe total area under the curve equals 1The curve is specified by two parameters, the mean and the standard deviationThe curve extends to + and – 3 standard deviations from the meanQuestion 16. 16. According to the Empirical Rule, approximately _______% of the data in a normal distribution will fall within ±1 standard deviation of the mean. (Points : 4)
34
689599.7Question 17. 17. In statistical computations, the number of

How many questions are these in all? (total number of questions?) When is the deadline?

Deadlind tonight and a total of 36 questions

May I know your time zone? Is it e.s.t?

Never mind I want my money back When I found your site tje question where already there so its clear that you already have the answers. Iam a student with 2 kids barley making ends meet. That would be a total of $72. Thanks but no thinks trust me I respect business but you are getting over . There are plenty of sites that do the samething but charge way less..
Eastern is my time zone

ok

Listen I dont have anymore money

ok you can ask for refund, I think time is not also enough to answer those 36 questions.

Well your site made it seem as if the answer where already there simce the test question were on your page .

I think it, those answers were made by another expert, but maybe he/she is not available right now, so those experts who are online right now will have no choice but to redo (answer again) all the questions. Ok, kindly ask for the refund

Scott
Scott
Scott, MIT Graduate