Homework

Homework Questions? Ask a Tutor for Answers ASAP

Create an implementation of the ArrayListADT interface

Customer Question
(below). A 'list' is a...
create an implementation of the ArrayListADT interface (below). A 'list' is a sequence of values, which may include duplicates. The ordering of the items in the list is not specified but does matter, and is in fact problem dependent. No insertion ever occurs at an arbitrary location. When an item is removed from the list, the ordering of the remaining elements in the list is unchanged. There may not be any empty or unused cells between the front and rear of the list.Your implementation of the ArrayListADT offers a meaningful improvement over basic arrays for list-based operations. Inserting or removing an element at index [0] is a timeconsuming operation for arrays. If you wish to insert an element at index [0] and the array is not empty, then you must shift all of the existing elements out of the way before the insertion can occur. Similarly, if you remove the element at index [0] from a non-empty array, you must shift elements down to 'fill in the hole'. Your implementation must be able to insert or remove elements from either end of the array in constant time, with no shifting of elements necessary. A circular array strategy offer this capability. "Circular" is an abstraction; the underlying array doesn't form a circle but rather will be a standard linear array.A solution to this problem can be found if you abandon the notion that the first element in the list must be at index [0]. Instead, you maintain a class level variable that hold the index of the 'front' and 'rear' of the list. The front and rear indices move independently, allowing insertion and deletion to happen without shifting anything.
Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Homework
Answered in 1 day by:
9/27/2017
Tutor: George Sibiya, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 10 months ago
George Sibiya
George Sibiya, Computer Hardware Engineer

Welcome to JustAnswer and thank you for utilising our services.

I can help with this, please advice if you still need it

Regards,

G