Homework

Homework Questions? Ask a Tutor for Answers ASAP

Lab Assignment 2 In this lab assignment, you will design a…

Lab Assignment 2In this lab...
Lab Assignment 2In this lab assignment, you will design a class that holds an axis-aligned 2D rectangle and is able to determine if two rectangles overlap and if they overlap can calculate their intersection. We will use integers for all coordinates (e.g. as used in raster images or displays). For this assignment, you may assume that the x/y coordinates are all greater or equals 0. If you like to visualize your results assume that the origin of the coordinate system is in the lower left corner and that x is to the right and y goes up (in the usual way). A test driver and the expected output is supplied in main.cpp.Create a source and a header file for your class and name them rectangle.cpp and rectangle.h. Make sure to use the name exactly as typed, otherwise the TAs may return the files to you.Your class rectangle should have four private integer class variables d_x_start, d_x_end, d_y_start and d_y_end. Define a constructor that takes as arguments the lower left corner of a rectangle and its width and height. Design the constructor in such a way that it can be called with all or less aguments including no arguments. Be sure to use initializer lists. If the lower left corner is missing, it should default to -1 and if width and/or height are missing, they should default to 1. As we have assumed that the x and y coordinates are always greater or equals 00, a default constructed rectangle will be {\em invalid}, i.e., we asume that it is not used further. In this assignment, you are not asked to perform error checking as we still have to discuss how this is done in C++.Give your class a function print that simply outputs the four integers to console in the format stop and does not return anything.Design a function intersect in your class which accept an rectangle object as argument and returns true if two triangles overlap. Note that we understand the corners as belonging to a rectangle, i.e., the ranges in x and y are inclusive. Note that axis aligned rectangles, e.g., rectangles A and B, do not overlap if in one dimension the following order of coordinates applies:A_start A_end B_start B_end
B_start B_end A_start A_end
Design a function intersection in your class which accept an rectangle object as argument and returns another rectangle as result. This is easier if you use your overlap test from above. If there is no overlap return a default constructed rectangle. Note that for intersecting axis aligned rectangles, e.g., rectangles A and B, there are four cases for each dimension (and is actually quite simple):A_start B_start A_end B_end
A_start B_start B_end A_end
B_start A_start B_end A_end
B_start A_start A_end B_end
Design a function split in your class with no arguments that returns a standard array of four rectangles. Calculate the position and size of the four rectangles to correspond to the rectangle which the function was called on. Note that for uneven side length, the rectangles should differ in size by 1. Again, the corner points are part of a rectangle. An example is shown hereAn test run of your program will look as follows:Intersection of Rectangle: (3,4) to (12,8) and Rectangle: (8,8) to (10,11)?
Rectangle: (8,8) to (10,8)
Intersection of Rectangle: (3,4) to (12,8) and Rectangle: (4,1) to (13,2)?
No intersection
Intersection of Rectangle: (3,4) to (12,8) and Rectangle: (14,2) to (16,6)?
No intersection
Intersection of Rectangle: (3,4) to (12,8) and Rectangle: (1,2) to (15,10)?
Rectangle: (3,4) to (12,8)Testing split of Rectangle: (3,4) to (12,8)
Rectangle: (3,4) to (7,6)
Rectangle: (8,4) to (12,6)
Rectangle: (8,7) to (12,8)
Rectangle: (3,7) to (7,8)Note you may implement any other private helper function in your class as you see fit.You must hand-in one archive exactly named: rectangle.zip which should contain the two files rectangle.cpp and rectangle.h. Do not hand-in any other files or use any other form of archive. No word files or pdfs (or similar word processing files) will be accepted and if submitted will result in an automatic 0.
will send the code in order to solve it. I need it by tonight please
9/22/2017
LogicPro
LogicPro, Engineer

Welcome here.

My name is ***** ***** I will help you.

What is the deadline?

12 hours
can you finish it please?

yes, I will provide you answer ASAP.

Thank you.

please read the questions

ok

Please provide expected output also as mentioned in question text.

Download working code:

http://www.wikisend.com/download/635586/RectangleOverlap.zip

Let me know if you need anything else or leave your rating by selecting five stars located on the top right of the question page. Giving a positive rating compensates the Expert for their time with you. Please remember that your Expert will not be paid until you leave a positive rating for the answer. If the stars are grayed out or you cannot click on the stars to rate your experience, reply to your Expert and let them know so they can adjust your question and allow you to rate.

Please consider adding bonus after rating

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/what-if-expert-does-really-fantastic-job-hl

You can also come back and add a bonus at a later date by using the "Write a review or give a bonus" button on your question page.

We can continue the conversation until you're satisfied and rate my answer as excellent to credit me. I can address follow up questions and I'm always here to help.

You can ask me again using "For LogicPro only" at the start of your questions like other customers to get instant answers. It will ensure that question is for me.

Please bookmark my profile page:

http://www.justanswer.com/homework/expert-logicpro/

so you can come back and ask me a question anytime.

Thank you for using this site!

LogicPro

Can you please send me the readme file?
How to run the code ?

Which C++ compiler you are using?

i have Drjava and textwrangler and Vim ( command in Mac)
let me use command i guess

its simple if you have run cpp code before. just need to put all files in same folder and run provided test file main.cpp

can you send picture of the test ?
Thanks

here you go:

http://www.wikisend.com/download/968146/screenshot.JPG

Let me know if you got it

What about if I want to run it in command line or powersheel?
I would like to run it here?
How ??
Thanks

I use windows and if cpp files worked on windows it would work on mac too as this is basic code.

You can submit it as it is or if you have not run and want to run, you may need to setup cpp compiler. follow these steps

https://www.dvc.edu/academics/mcsd/computer-science/pdfs/UsingAppleXCode.pdf

As the code is working fine, leave your rating by selecting five stars located on the top right of the question page. I woul dbe happy to help you with any follow up question. Giving a positive rating compensates the Expert for their time with you. Please remember that your Expert will not be paid until you leave a positive rating for the answer. If the stars are grayed out or you cannot click on the stars to rate your experience, reply to your Expert and let them know so they can adjust your question and allow you to rate.

Please bookmark my profile page:

Thank you for using this site!

LogicPro

You got it my friend?

yeah I got it thanks

Great.

leave your rating by selecting five stars located on the top right of the question page. Giving a positive rating compensates the Expert for their time with you. Please remember that your Expert will not be paid until you leave a positive rating for the answer. If the stars are grayed out or you cannot click on the stars to rate your experience, reply to your Expert and let them know so they can adjust your question and allow you to rate.

Please bookmark my profile page:

Thank you for using this site!

LogicPro

LogicPro
LogicPro, Engineer

Hi again,

Please read:

https://ww2-secure.justanswer.com/help/do-i-have-rate-answer

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-rate-answer-hl

Just following up with you to see how everything is going and if you have more questions for me.

You can ask me again using "For LogicPro only" at the start of your questions like you do to get instant answers.

It will ensure that question is for me.

Please bookmark my profile page:

If you need any additional information on this answer, please don't hesitate to ask by clicking on 'Reply to Expert', and I will reply as soon as possible.

I hope you found the information in my answer helpful, and if so, please let me know, here. Thank you!

Thanks very much for using Just Answer!

Best wishes

LogicPro

This answer is protected
Would you like to ask this question?
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.
LogicPro
LogicPro
LogicPro, Engineer