Maverick
Maverick, Lawyer
Experience:  Philospher at heart.
16823287

A resident of Kentucky, is injured in an accident while

Customer Question

Morgan, a resident of Kentucky, is injured in an accident while driving an off-road vehicle made by Drivers Edge, Inc., a California corporation. Morgan files a suit in his local county circuit court against Drivers Edge, alleging negligence, and seeking damages in excess of $200,000,00.
Questions:
1) Where else could Morgan have filed his case?
2) Is Drivers Edge, Inc. stuck with defending its case in the local county court? If not, where else could it go?
3) What factors will determine if Kentucky has jurisdiction over this case?
4) Can Morgan personally serve Drivers Edge, Inc. the petition in this matter? Why or why not?
5) What can happen if Drivers Edge, Inc. is properly served and it fails to answer the petition?
JA: What state is this in? And how old is the car?
Customer: I don't know
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: no
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no, i just want to anwser these qustions
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Homework
Expert:  Maverick replied 1 month ago.

Welcome to Just Answer! My name is***** give me a few minutes to review your inquiry. Thank you for your patience.

Expert:  Maverick replied 1 month ago.
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!

You need to spend $3 to view this post. Add Funds to your account and buy credits.