Homework

Homework Questions? Ask a Tutor for Answers ASAP

I need some answers, Chiemsee Knee Replacement Clinic The…

Customer Question
I need some answers ...

I need some answers

Tutor's Assistant: The Tutor can help you get an A on your homework or ace your next test. Tell me more about what you need help with so we can help you best.

Chiemsee Knee Replacement ClinicThe Chiemsee Knee Replacement Clinic (CKRC) is a sports clinic located at the northern edge of the German Alps. It specializes in knee replacements for skiers who come to CKRC from Germany, Austria, Switzerland, and Italy. The clinic currently has one operating room (OR). However, since the clinic has dramatically more demand than capacity, the management team contemplates investing in a second OR. A lean consulting firm, however, suggests that before going ahead with installing new capacity, the clinic should first look at how it uses its existing capacity. The data collected by the consulting firm reveal that:The OR is available for 12 hours a day; the hospital has decided to not perform any procedures between 7pm and 7am. This time is equally divided across three surgeons.
The standard procedure time for the knee surgery done at the clinic is 1h.
The cleaning and housekeeping that needs to happen after each procedure takes 20 minutes. Almost all of this time could be saved if the cleaning crew were notified earlier on.
10 minutes are spent on patient preparation / anesthesia work before each procedure. (Note: this is not part of the 60-minute procedure time). Proposals have been evaluated to move these 10 minutes to outside the OR, and there exists no medical reason that would prohibit doing this.)
A surgeon only starts a case if all of the work associated with the case (preparation, procedure, and cleaning) can be completed in the 4h allotted to each surgeon. Surgeons never start BEFORE their allotted time.
Though the clinic aims to operate 7 days a week, holidays, vacation, and construction time lead to an average of one day a week that the OR cannot be used at all.
How many cases are going through the OR per day on the days when the OR is in use?

Tutor's Assistant: Is there anything else the Tutor should be aware of?

I need to answer those questions and more

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Homework
9/11/2017
Tutor: Dr. Donna Kakonge, Retired College Professor replied 9 months ago
Dr. Donna Kakonge
Dr. Donna Kakonge, Retired College Professor

Dear Customer,

Thank you for coming to Just Answer. How many questions do you have in total?

8

Dear Customer,

Just a moment. I will look at the document that you just uploaded.

Dear Customer,

OK. When is your deadline in order to have the answers?

today
in a few hours

Dear Customer,

Would it be possible that I could deliver the answers to you by noon on Tuesday, September 12th (tomorrow)?

Hi, what happened to the response?