Homework

Homework Questions? Ask a Tutor for Answers ASAP

I have a question in c++, beginner level, visual studio

Customer Question
I have a question...

I have a question in c++, beginner level

Tutor's Assistant: What programs and versions are you using?

Visual studio 2017

Tutor's Assistant: What is your ideal outcome? How can we solve this for you?

I am working on a project and I am completely stuck and need some guidance on what I am doing wrong

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Homework
include file for Caesar cipher code
//#ifndef CAESAR_H
#define CAESAR_H#include <string>class Caesar {private:
//pointers used to refer to the standard alphabet array and the Caesar shift array
char* std_alphabet;
char* c_alphabet;public:
// The constructor . . .
// create the two arrays with the c_alphabet array contents representing the std_alphabet
// characters shifted by a value of the shift parameter
Caesar(int shift = 0);// encrypt a message. Returns count of characters processed
// first string is message, second is encrypted string
int encrypt(const std::string& message, std::string& emessage);// decrypt a message. Returns count of characters processed
// first string is encrypted string, second is decrypted string
int decrypt(const std::string& message, std::string& dmessage);//delete any memory resources used by the class
~Caesar();}; // end of class . . .
#endif
ifndef CAESAR_C
#define CAESAR_C#include <string>
#include <iostream>
#include "Caesar.h"using namespace std;int shift, i, k;
char letter = 'a';Caesar::Caesar(const int n) {shift = n;
std_alphabet[26];
c_alphabet[26];
for (i = 0; i < 26; i++) {std_alphabet[i] = letter;
letter++;
}for (i = 0; i < 26; i++) {cout << std_alphabet[i] << " ";
}cout << endl;for (i = 0; i < 26; i++) {k = (i + 5) % 26;
c_alphabet[i] = std_alphabet[k];
}for (i = 0; i < 26; i++) {cout << c_alphabet[i] << " ";
}};
#endif
include <string>
#include <iostream>
#include "Caesar.h"int main() {Caesar test(5);cout << test;system("PAUSE");
return 0;
};
The first code is the Header file provided by our instructor, we are not allowed to make any changes to that file at all. The next is my .cpp file and the third is my test file. This is as far as I have gotten on the project and I am not exactly sure how to implement the header file properly.
I am not exactly sure how to create an array using the pointer in the header file and I am not sure how to create the Caesar object in the test file. Please help.
9/7/2017
Tutor: LogicPro, Engineer replied 11 months ago
LogicPro
LogicPro, Engineer
Hi

Let me know if you still need help. I am still waiting for your response