Scott
Scott, MIT Graduate
Experience:  MIT Graduate (Math, Programming, Science, and Music)
3546829

I am not an engineer. Are there any principles/theorems in

Customer Question

Hello. I am not an engineer. Are there any principles/theorems in engineering that explain how different degree of residual compressive strain/ shear strain / principal strain that is distributed non homogeneously within a structure lead to a decrease in fatigue failure resistance of that same structure? How is this phenomenon explained?Thank you
Category: Homework
Expert:  Donna Kakonge replied 2 months ago.

Dear Customer,

I just may be able to help you with this question by doing research on it. Do you still require the answer?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I do. Do you have an engineering background? I have done quite a bit of research and did not find any actual principle or theory about this.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I would also need the references of your findings. Thank you

Dear Customer,

If you have already done research on this, and quite a bit as you say, then I may not be able to help you. No, I do not have an Engineering background. I will opt out so that hopefully another Expert on this site can help you.

Thank you.

Expert:  F. Naz replied 2 months ago.

Hello

What is your deadline for this?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Hello. No rush. 1-2 weeks maximum. Thank you for your help.Also, do you have an engineering background?Thank you
Expert:  F. Naz replied 2 months ago.

Nopes no engineering background but i think i can provide you enough information for your query with reference so would you like to let me try for you?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
One important part of my research is to get credible engeering literature to back up the findings. If you think you can find that then pleasego ahead. Thank you
Expert:  F. Naz replied 2 months ago.

What do you mean by credible engineering literature?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I mean that whatever answer you find has to be backed up with credible references from engineering research (scientific papers or textbook). I need the references with the answer to my problem.
Expert:  F. Naz replied 2 months ago.

Yes I will provide reference of course, thanks.

Expert:  F. Naz replied 1 month ago.
Sorry i am unable to provide any information on this so i am opting out, thanks.