Scott
Scott, MIT Graduate
Experience:  MIT Graduate (Math, Programming, Science, and Music)
3546829

1. When criminal justice supervisors lack good judgement in

Customer Question

1. When criminal justice supervisors lack good judgement in the application of rules, they open themselves and their organization toA. liability clams.
B. rigidity.
C. dissolution.
D. lack of morale.
2. Which of the following actions is consistent with the police subculture?A. Restraint in the use of force
B. Respect for individual rights
C. Use of illegal investigation tactics
D. Consistent truth-telling
3. The idea that an employee's attitude toward work is largely influenced by his or her individual characteristics comes from the _______ model.A. environmental
B. importation
C. trait
D. ethics
4. When a Court finds that a supervisor failed to discipline an officer's negligent conduct it leaves the supervisor open to be sued based onA. civil liability.
B. official liability.
C. vicarious liability.
D. supervisory liability.
5. Who sometimes acts as an adversary to the police by exposing unethical behavior?A. Media
B. Commissions
C. Citizens
D. Researchers
6. The primary mission of policing established by Sir Robert Peel was toA. investigate crimes.
B. control riots.
C. prevent crime and disorder.
D. implement a police hierarchy.
7. The clearest reward a cadet can earn by learning the do's and don'ts of the police subculture isA. accumulation of merits.
B. inclusion in the subculture.
C. rapid promotion.
D. receiving medals.
8. A primary objective of a criminal justice leader is to ensure line officersA. teach less experienced officers the subculture of the police force.
B. make arrests and oversee communities.
C. act professionally and ethically at all times.
D. maintain friendships with those in power and wealth.
9. Which of the following is an element of community policing?A. Maintaining an anonymous relationship with the community
B. Focusing on emergency response
C. Encouraging citizens to help in preventing and solving crimes
D. Moving decision-making and discretion upward to office supervisors
10. The _______ theory of leadership emphasizes the relationship between the leader and his or her subordinates.A. contingency
B. train
C. objective
D. learning
25 July 2017 12:34 11. The belief that criminal justice professionals don't learn ethics on the job because ethics are rooted in early learning is the _______ perspective.A. predetermined
B. values-learned
C. rational choice
D. predispositional
12. _______ justice is associated with the determination of and methods of punishment.A. Corrective
B. Natural
C. Commutative
D. Distributive
13. The Knapp Commission investigated the New York City police department during the 1960s because it was a system where _______ was pervasive.A. nepotism
B. bribery
C. sexism
D. drug use
14. The alderman system of policing, established during the nineteenth century, was consideredA. the best deterrent to organized crime.
B. the model that modern police forces should follow.
C. highly disorganized and decentralized.
D. organized and efficient.
15. The most scholarly viewpoint on how criminal justice professionals learn ethical and unethical behavior is the _______ approach.A. values-learned
B. values-added
C. rational-choice
D. differential
16. The watchman style of policing evolved due toA. urbanization.
B. the Gold Rush of 1849.
C. railroad construction.
D. the Boston Tea Party.
17. If an officer is found negligent, his or her supervisor can be sued in civil court. This is calledA. ethical liability.
B. vicarious liability.
C. guilt by association.
D. criminal culpability.
18. Which perspective relates to how officers learn ethical and unethical behavior through the process of culturalization and socialization into the police organization?A. The predispositional
B. The values-learned
C. The rational choice
D. The operant behavior
19. The President's Crime Commission published a 1967 report which found thatA. Miranda Rights were not always used in police interrogation.
B. the preferred method for police to respond to calls was by foot.
C. police often obtained confessions by coercion.
D. police brutality was the norm.
20. Which of the following is universally agreed upon as part of a police officer's domain?A. Leadership
B. Discretion
C. Acceptance of gratuities
D. Differential treatment of special groups
Category: Homework
Expert:  RobertJDFL replied 2 months ago.

Thank you for using Just Answer. I appreciate you requesting me again, but I do not have the time today to research and answer all of these questions, so I am going to opt out and open the question up to all other available experts in legal to answer.

Expert:  F. Naz replied 2 months ago.

Hello

Do you have any deadline for these test questions?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
HI no but. Take your time I can wait
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
You working on it ?
Expert:  Josie-Mod replied 2 months ago.
I am Josie, a moderator for this topic.
There is no need to re-post or re-list your question.
Your question is open to all Experts.
I am Josie, a moderator for this topic.
The Experts you have requested have not been online for some time.
Your question remains open to all Experts.
Thank you.