Scott
Scott, MIT Graduate
Experience:  MIT Graduate (Math, Programming, Science, and Music)
3546829

Penn 186081RR Print reading symbols Examination Number

Customer Question

Penn Foster 186081RR Print reading symbols

Examination Number

186081RR    Print-Reading Symbols and Abbreviations

Category: Homework
Expert:  Donna Kakonge replied 4 months ago.

Dear Onmar,

Do you have this exam? I need to see the exam in order to see if I can do it. Please upload it.

Thank you.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.

Yes I Do. Here are my questions. Let me know if you can't read the PDF files.

In the figure below, when the bolts and nuts are assembled and a nominal 1.6250 diameter shaft is bored, how much movement will the bolts allow for the two fixture halves to separate?

A. .010
B. .050
C. .000
D. .025

Customer: replied 4 months ago.

I sent one of the questions. Is it something you are able to answer?

Dear Customer,

I am glad you sent this ahead of time. No, I cannot answer these types of questions. I am not an Expert at Electrical-orientated information. I will opt out so that another Expert can help you.

Thank you for your time.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.

Alright thanks anyway

Expert:  Phil replied 4 months ago.

Hello,I am a retired mechanical engineer with 56 years in this business. I will go in depth with you, and up to a 24 hour time limit.

All I ask is please select the ***RATING LINK*** at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am credited through the site.

Rating does not affect your charges nor ability to refund if not satisfied. If you can agree to that, lets continue by all means.

Answer is D.. .0250"

Because that is listed as the 'floating gap for item #1

----------------

If you do not mind I will comment on the quality and calibre of the test and who wrote it.... after 56 years in the business and consulting for engineering firms and manufacturing firms nation wide, the test drawing leaves room for speculation, and fails to show in unmistakeable terms which gap is being discussed (clearances is the proper term in these cases not 'gap').... this is not even slightly what you will find in the field, such a draftsman or engineer who approved it would be fired.

Having said that, and with long experience I can guarantee an 80% positive score.. but will probably provide a 90% plus score... its not 100% because there is no telling what sort of non standard off the wall approach will be taken by this course developer... its something that you would see from an inexperienced academic with no real world experience what so ever... even then it is inexcusable.

Let me know if you want to continue with me or not, we can go from there