Homework

Homework Questions? Ask a Tutor for Answers ASAP

Homework

A patient is currently on a 4 liter nasal cannula. The

Customer Question
patient needs to be transported...
A patient is currently on a 4 liter nasal cannula. The patient needs to be transported using an E cylinder. The E cylinder reads 2200 psig on the Bourdon gauge. According to hospital policy, the tank should not be used once the pressure reading reaches 200 psig. Calculate how long the tank will last.
You have attached a nasal cannula at 5 l/m to an E oxygen cylinder. The cylinder’s working pressure is at 900 psig. How long can oxygen flow from this tank before the cylinder is empty?
A patient is scheduled for a procedure in a hospital across town. The expected travel time is 2 hours. There are two E cylinders in the ambulance. The patient is on 8 l/m via air entrainment mask, with a safety factor of 500 psig will the patient have enough oxygen to get to the other hospital?
Calculate the duration of the following gas cylinders. Include a safety factor.
E cylinder with 1200 psi. Attached to a nasal cannula running at 3 l/m.
H cylinder with 2200 psi. Attached to a jet nebulizer with a flow of 12 l/m.
Calculate the duration of the following gas cylinders if the gas cylinder was to be run until empty.
E cylinder with 680 psi attached to a nasal cannula at 1 l/m
A manifold system with 4 H cylinders, system pressure 1800 psi running a ventilation with an oxygen requirement of 25 l/m
A patient with severe COPD is receiving a breathing treatment with a DuoNeb via an SVN running at 8 l/m from an oxygen flow meter. The patient appears sleepy after 5 minutes of treatment and his f has decreased from 16 to 6. His breathing appears to be shallow and the SpO2 reading is 98%
What is responsible for the change in the patient's condition?
What action would you take now?
How could you prevent this problem from happening during future treatments?
Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Homework
A patient is currently on a 4 liter nasal...
A patient is currently on a 4 liter nasal cannula. The patient needs to be transported using an E cylinder. The E cylinder reads 2200 psig on the Bourdon gauge. According to hospital policy, the tank should not be used once the pressure reading reaches 200 psig. Calculate how long the tank willlast.
What action would you take now?
Answered in 3 days by:
2/6/2017
Tutor: VA-NP, Nurse Practitioner replied 9 months ago
VA-NP
VA-NP, Nurse Practitioner

Welcome to our site and thanks for your question. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you today.

We are only allowed to answer one question per posting. Which ONE of these 7 questions would you like answered?

We can then ask each additional question separately.

the first one

The tank has 2200 psig of which 200 psig cannot be used, so subtract 200 from 2200 to get 2,000 psig that is actually usuable per hospital policy.

Find the conversion factor to convert psig into available liters of oxygen:

• Cylinder D = 0.16
  • Cylinder E = 0.28
  • Cylinder G = 2.41
  • Cylinder h & K = 3.14
  • Cylinder M = 1.56

Available liters = 2,000 x 0.28 = 560 L

The length of time the cylinder will last is available liters divided by flow rate in liters per minute.

560 L / 4L/min= 240 min = 4 hours

All of the calculations are done in a similar fashion.

THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!
You can view this answer by clicking here to Register or Login and paying $3.
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.
VA-NP
VA-NP
VA-NP, Nurse Practitioner