Bruce Wilner
Bruce Wilner,
Experience:  principal at Network Security Labortories Inc.
94527327

CMSC 350 Project 3 The third programming project involves

Customer Question

CMSC 350 Project 3
The third programming project involves writing a program that performs a sort by using a binary search tree. The program should be able to sort lists of integers or lists of fractions in either ascending or descending order. One set of radio buttons should be used to determine whether the lists contain integers or fractions and a second set should be used to specify the sort order. The main class should create the GUI shown below:
The GUI must be generated by code that you write. You may not use a drag-and-drop GUI generator.
Pressing the Perform Sort button should cause all the numbers in the original list to be added to a binary search tree. Then an inorder traversal of the tree should be performed to generate the list in sorted order and that list should then be displayed in the sorted list text field.
In addition to the main class that defines the GUI, you should have a generic class for the binary search tree. That class needs a method to initialize the tree, one that allows a new value to be inserted in the tree and one that performs an inorder tree traversal that generates and returns a string that contains the tree elements in sorted order. The insert method does not need to rebalance the tree if it becomes unbalanced. It should allow duplicate entries and it must be written using recursion. It is not necessary to have a method to delete a node from the tree nor one to check whether a particular value is in the tree.
The third class required for this project is one that defines fractions. It should have a constructor that accepts a string representation of a fraction and a toString method. It must implement the Comparable interface, which means a compareTo method is also required.
A second example of a run of this program is shown below that sorts fractions in descending order:
Note that fractions are to be written with a slash separating the numerator and denominator with no spaces on either side of the slash.
The only error checking required of this program is to check for nonnumeric input which includes improperly formatted fractions such as 3/4/8. Such malformed fractions should cause a NumberFormatExpression to be thrown. The main class must catch these exceptions and display an appropriate error message as shown below:
You are to submit two files.
1. The first is a .zip file that contains all the source code for the project, which includes any code that was provided. The .zip file should contain only source code and nothing else, which means only the .java files. If you elect to use a package the .java files should be in a folder whose name is ***** ***** name.
2. The second is a Word document (PDF or RTF is also acceptable) that contains the documentation for the project, which should include the following:
a. A UML class diagram that includes all classes you wrote. Do not include predefined classes. You need only include the class name for each individual class, not the variables or methods
b. A test plan that includes test cases that you have created indicating what aspects of the program each one is testing
c. A short paragraph on lessons learned from the project
Category: Homework
Expert:  LogicPro replied 8 months ago.

Welcome

What is the deadline for this one?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.

in 72 hours mean 3 days. with the documentation.

Expert:  LogicPro replied 8 months ago.

provide the document with images

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Expert:  LogicPro replied 8 months ago.

Sending offer per the efforts, let me know once accepted

Customer: replied 8 months ago.

I need to know the pricing total my bank is declining some transaction that I have to verify.

Expert:  LogicPro replied 8 months ago.

It is original + 28

Here are customer support numbers if you want to know more

US/Canada 1.***-***-****

Available 6am to 9pm PST

International

Australia 1800-679-634

New Zealand 0800-452-621

United Kingdom 0***-***-****

The rest of the world 1-***-***-****

Customer: replied 8 months ago.

That is fine I need the project 2 in 24-30 hours and projects 3 in 3 days. If I receive a good work I add tip to it for the $18.

Expert:  LogicPro replied 8 months ago.

I missed this information

I am opting out for other expert to answer

Please wait. You will be notified by email as soon as any Professional joins you.

I would be happy to help you with your other questions though.

Thank you for your patience.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.

What's up?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
how the work is going? project 2 and project 3
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
hello
Expert:  Josie-Mod replied 8 months ago.
I am Josie, a moderator for this topic.
Your question is open to all Experts. There is no need to repost or relist this question.
Thank you.
Expert:  Donna Kakonge replied 8 months ago.

Dear Customer,

When is your deadline for this assignment?

Expert:  Bruce Wilner replied 8 months ago.
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!

You need to spend $3 to view this post. Add Funds to your account and buy credits.