Homework

Homework Questions? Ask a Tutor for Answers ASAP

Homework

Guidance and Discipline A morally autonomous person is one

Customer Question
Guidance and Discipline A morally autonomous...
Guidance and Discipline
A morally autonomous person is one who is kind to others because he:
will be rewarded for being respectful of others.
has personal feelings of respect for others.
will have negative consequences for not respecting others.
naturally learned this skill during the first two years of life.
Miss Melanie is conducting an art lesson with her pre-kindergarten class. She has spent the last fifteen minutes explaining how to construct a rabbit from the materials on the tables. As she begins to discuss how the children will divide the materials at their tables, Miss Melanie notices that several children are getting wiggly, some are already fighting over the materials on the table, and some are whining that they do not want to make rabbits. Miss Melanie cannot understand what has happened to her well-planned lesson. What is the likely cause of the problem?
The children are being asked to sit too long.
The children do not like art activities.
The children do not want to make a rabbit.
The children are seated too close to each other.
Karen spills paint on David’s picture because she is carrying too many paint cups. Even though it Ms. Miller, knows it was an accident, she is annoyed that Karen would try to carry so many paint cups at once. Karen looks upset and says to Mrs. Miller, “I’m sorry!” Mrs. Miller replies, “That’s OK, Karen, but what might you have done differently to prevent this accident?” Karen starts to cry anyway. This is probably because:
Karen realizes how long it was going to take to clean the mess up.
Mrs. Miller will probably tell her mother about the accident.
Mrs. Miller’s tone of voice, body language, and intensity of speaking reflected anger or annoyance.
Karen knew after cleaning up she would not be allowed to paint.
When Cary is not chosen to collect forks in the cafeteria, he shouts, “I hate you!” to his teacher, Mrs. Miller. Which one of the following responses below will help Mrs. Miller guide Cary in expressing his feelings better?
“It sounds like you are really angry with me.”
“I don’t appreciate you speaking to me that way.”
“If you can be patient, I will let you collect forks tomorrow.”
“I’m sorry you hate me; I don’t hate you Cary.”
An appropriate related consequence for spilling milk is:
being sent to time out.
replacing the milk.
wiping up the milk.
not getting milk the next day.
o
o The kind of behavior modification that tends to force negative behaviors “underground” is:
discipline.
consequences.
redirection.
punishment.
Mrs Wiggs finds two-year-old Billy throwing a temper tantrum because James will not share the tricycle with him. Billy’s tantrum is likely due to emotional immaturity AND:
physical immaturity.
cognitive immaturity.
undeveloped communication ability.
developmental immaturity.
Kelly is constantly tattling on her classmates. This could be due to her age and the fact that she is very concerned about rules, or it could be due to a need for:
power.
acceptance.
revenge.
attention.
Jack, a boy who has experienced domestic violence, hits Katy because she will not share the swing on the playground. Miss Michelle, their preschool teacher, runs over to see if Katy is okay. What can Michelle say to help support Jack’s anger over not getting a turn, yet teach him why he should not hit others?
“Hitting hurts. You need to apologize to Katy.”
“That is not the way to treat others. You must take five minutes of time out.”
“It’s okay to feel angry, but I cannot allow you to hit other children. Can you look at Katy’s face and tell me how she might be feeling?”
“Katy is hurt and you must take her to the clinic to see if she needs a bandage.”
Brent is excited because he has been chosen to pour the juice for snack time. As he begins to pour, he spills juice all over the table. Brent then gets angry, throws the cup off the table, sits down, and refuses to pour any more juice. What is the most likely cause of Brent’s behavior?
Serious emotional problems
A lack of understanding
Inappropriate adult expectations
A lack of emotion regulation skills
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Homework
11/23/2016
Tutor: Dr. Donna Kakonge, Retired College Professor replied 1 year ago
Dr. Donna Kakonge
Dr. Donna Kakonge, Retired College Professor

Dear Customer,

What exactly are your assignment guidelines? What do you need to do with this information?

Kindest regards,

Donna Kakonge, BJ, MA, TESOL, LLB, ABD

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
The answers.. The questions are there.

Dear Customer,

OK. It was in the way it was laid out. I apologize. When is your deadline for this assignment?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
1 hour from now. If you need it in a file I can upload it
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Here is the file

Dear Customer,

I cannot do that right now. I will need to opt out of the questions.

Tutor: F. Naz, Chartered Accountant replied 1 year ago
F. Naz
F. Naz, Chartered Accountant

Do you still need the answer?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Please

How many hours remaining?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
1

Sorry, then I am opting out, thanks.

Tutor: GLENN, Teacher replied 1 year ago
GLENN
GLENN, Teacher

How many more minutes left on this? Please reply asap. I hope you did not post them all at the same time, since If I will answer them, will really take some amount of time. (referring to the 5 sets of 10 questions)

How many more minutes left on this? Please reply asap.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
10

I am sorry, I think I will need more time to be able to answer these ( at least 30 or 40 mins maybe) I will just opt out. I am sorry, really lacks time.

Q1) B has personal feelings of respect for others.

Q2) A The children are being asked to sit too long.

Q3) C Mrs. Miller’s tone of voice, body language, and intensity of speaking reflected anger or annoyance.

Q4) C

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Glenn just answer what you can. I have 90 days now.

? 90 days? I thought you have only 10 mins.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
That's the retake

Ah ok

Scott
Scott
Scott, MIT Graduate