Scott
Scott, MIT Graduate
Experience:  MIT Graduate (Math, Programming, Science, and Music)
3546829

I am looking for answers to a set of questions that was

Customer Question

I am looking for answers to a set of questions that was posted a couple years ago
JA: The Tutor can help you get an A on your homework or ace your next test. Tell me more about what you need help with so we can help you best.
Customer: its an electrical test for penn foster
JA: Is there anything else the Tutor should be aware of?
Customer: no
Category: Homework
Expert:  Donna Kakonge replied 1 year ago.

Dear Customer,

What are these questions that you are referring to?

Kindest regards,

Donna Kakonge, BJ, MA, TESOL, LLB, ABD

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
1. Two students are discussing how programmable thermostats work. Student A says that a piece of material following examination. Then submit only your answers to the school for grading, using one of within the thermostat changes length depending on moisture content of the air and that temperature is related to this change in moisture. Student B says that there’s a material within the thermostat that changes its length based on temperature and that the measured temperature is related to the change in length. Which of the following statements is correct?
A. Only Student A is correct. C. Both students are correct.
B. Only Student B is correct. D. Neither of the students is correct2. In a home that has 120 V service, heating is provided by electric resistance heat with an overall resistance of 40 . How much heating power will the electric resistance heater generate?
A. 0.03 kW C. 0.36 kW
B. 0.48 kW D. 4.8 kW3. In the same home that has 120 V service, the thermostat controlling the electric resistance heaters consumes 5 watts of power. How much resistance in is associated with the thermostat?
A. 24 C. 4.8
B. 480 D. 28804. Two students are discussing electric heaters. Student A says that the most common convection-type heating unit used is an electric floor-insert heater. Student B says that electric cabinet heaters are the most common natural-convection type electric heaters. Which of the following statements is correct?
B. Only Student B is correct. D. Neither of the students is correct.5. Which of the following statements is true regarding the double-pole thermostat with a contactor, illustrated in Figure A-1? (Use this link to view Figure A-1: http://www.rarebitprojects.com…A. The double-pole switch disconnects one side of the power supply to the heating unit.
B. The contactor allows the thermostat to control higher loads than it conducts.
C. The contactor prevents arcing.
D. The thermostat is supplied with low voltage.6. In determining the heat loss for a home, you are given the following information regarding a large picture window for the living room. The window must be 50 square feet in area with a maximum heat loss of 500 watts. You are to assume that in the winter the indoor to outdoor temperature difference across the glass could reach 70F. You must determine which option to choose based on the following data of available window options:
Option A: For $450 per unit, you can purchase a window with double glass spaced ¼ apart. The U-value
of this window is 0.649.
Option B: For $650 per unit, you can purchase a window with double glass spaced ½ apart. The U-value
of this window is 0.581.
Option C: For $850 per unit, you can purchase a window with triple glass spaced ¼ apart. The U-value
of this window is 0.469.
Which option is the most economical, considering price and conformance to the 500-watt heat-loss limitation?
A. Option A C. Option C
B. Option B D. None of the options are acceptable.7. Which of the schematics in Figure A-2 shows a break in the circuit? (View Figure A-2 to answer questions 7, 8 & 9 by using link: http://www.rarebitprojects.com…
A. Circuit 1 C. Circuit 3
B. Circuit 2 D. Circuit 58. Which of the schematics in Figure A-2 shows a faulty ground? (View Figure A-2 to answer questions 7, 8 & 9 by using link: http://www.rarebitprojects.com…A. Circuit 2 C. Circuit 4
B. Circuit 3 D. Circuit 59. Which of the circuits in Figure A-2 will result in an energized lamp? (View Figure A-2 to answer questions 7, 8 & 9 by using link: http://www.rarebitprojects.com…
A. Circuit 1 C. Circuit 3
B. Circuit 2 D. Circuit 510. Two students are discussing the flow of electricity. Student A says that voltage is a measure of the
amount of electron flow in a circuit. Student B says that power is the product of voltage and current.
Which of the following statements is correct?
B. Only Student B is correct. D. Neither student is correct.11. In a proportional control system, if A = 1.5, Kp = 0.8, the setpoint temperature is 75F and the actual
temperature is 72F, what is the controller’s output?
A. 2.1 C. 5.2
B. 3.9 D. 15.312. Look at the symbols shown in Figure A-3. Which symbol represents a device used to produce an
alarm signal in the event of high temperature? (View Figure A-3 to answer questions 12 & 13 by using link: http://www.rarebitprojects.com…A. Symbol A C. Symbol C
B. Symbol B D. Symbol D13. Look at the symbols shown in Figure A-3. What are the similarities and differences between Symbol A
and Symbol B? (View Figure A-3 to answer questions 12 & 13 by using link: http://www.rarebitprojects.com…
A. Both symbols represent an alarm station; however, Symbol A includes a bell and Symbol B
includes a horn.
B. Both symbols represent a fire alarm; however, Symbol A includes a horn and Symbol B includes a
bell.
C. Both symbols represent an alarm station; however, S
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
14. Examine the schematic symbols in Figure A-4. Which symbol represents a manhole? (View Figure A-4 to answer questions 14, 15 & 16 by using link: http://www.rarebitprojects.com…A. Symbol 1 C. Symbol 3
B. Symbol 2 D. Symbol 415. Which of the schematic symbols illustrated in Figure A-4 represents a direct burial cable? (View Figure A-4 to answer questions 14, 15 & 16 by using link: http://www.rarebitprojects.com…
A. Symbol 3 C. Symbol 5
B. Symbol 4 D. Symbol 616. Refering to Figure A-4, which of the following statements is correct? (View Figure A-4 to answer questions 14, 15 & 16 by using link: http://www.rarebitprojects.com…
A. Symbols 4, 5, and 6 represent conductors. C. Symbol 4 represents connected conductors.
B. Symbols 4, 6, and 10 represent conductors. D. Symbol 8 represents connected conductors.17. Several students are discussing different types of heating and air-conditioning systems. They are
very fascinated with the system that distributes high-velocity heating and cooling air in two separate
ducts. What is the name of this system?
A. Unit ventilator system C. Bi-duct boiler system
B. Fan-coil unit D. Dual duct system18. The primary energy source for the controller in a typical control system is either
A. solar, electric, or pneumatic. C. electric, pneumatic, or electronic.
B. solar, electronic, or electric. D. damper, motor, or valve.19. If a valve’s position is constantly changing to achieve the desired setpoint, which of the following
control actions is used?
A. On-off C. Modulating
B. Adjustable D. Finite20. Two students are discussing the contacts found in the ladder logic diagrams for fan motor control.
Student A says that auxiliary contact symbols are often found in the diagrams. Student B says that
load contacts and overload contact symbols are often shown in the diagrams. Which of the following
statements is correct?
A. Only Student A is correct. C. Neither student is correct.
B. Only Student B is correct. D. Both students are correct.

Dear Customer,

I do not have expertise in this area, however I will opt out of this question and open it up for another expert to help you.

Kindest regards,

Donna

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Can yo tell me the status on this?
Expert:  Donna Kakonge replied 11 months ago.

Dear Customer,

I can attempt to answer these questions. Do you agree? I will do research on each one. Since I need to do that, I will need to request more money in order to do the amount of research involved. I will make you an offer now.

Thank you,

Donna

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Will this cover all 20 questions?

Dear Joann,

Yes. It will cover all 20 questions. I also need to have your deadline regarding when you would need the answers by after you accept the offer.

Kindest regards,

Donna