Homework

Homework Questions? Ask a Tutor for Answers ASAP

Homework

You want to install a home network. You have a PC tower that

Customer Question
you use mainly for your...
You want to install a home network. You have a PC tower that you use mainly for your school work and hobby (editing and printing photos). Your spouse has a laptop that is used primarily for online school work. Your two teenage kids have laptops they use for school work, web surfing, and entertainment (MP3s and video clips), and you host a Web Server for your volunteer organization.
Provide a network design, a drawing of a solution to address the following:
i. Transferring of videos and music files between computers
ii. Sharing Internet connection, one laser printer, and one photo printer
iii. Securing your network
iv. Accessing your PC remotely (remote access solution to be specified)
v. People of your community accessing web sites (static web pages) hosted on your web server
The diagram should be complete with proper icons, connectors, devices/services, etc...
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Homework
7/9/2016
Tutor: Tim, Sr. Engineer replied 1 year ago
Tim
Tim, Sr. Engineer

Mark, I can get you exact details on this, but i dont have vizio, and wont be getting it, so you will have to do the drawing. Let me know this sounds good,

- Tim

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
It isn't worth it if you can't do the drawing.

Let me see what i can come up with using an online vizio type deal that should import.

k?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I just need to be able to copy and paste the diagram into a word document

SO a screen shot would do it?

thats much easier for me to do with an online tool, rather waiting for open office to download. But a screen shot, np

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Ok and a short explanation explaining the diagram

That ill type to you here ok?

shall we assume the home network is wireless or wiered?

doing it wired and we can explain parts are wireless

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Has to have wireless if neighbors are utilizing the servers

the instructions say NOTHING about sharing with neighbors, it sais secure your network and make it so you can host a website for people on the outside, nothing about giving out free WIFI

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Transferring of videos and music files between computers
Sharing Internet connection, one laser printer, and one photo printer
Securing your network
Accessing your PC remotely (remote access solution to be specified)
People of your community accessing web sites (static web pages) hosted on your web server
The diagram should be complete with proper icons, connectors, devices/services, etc... You are not limited to Microsoft Visio. You may use any diagramming tool available, such as Edraw and SmartDraw, but the preference is Visio - as Visio is the industry gold standard tool for network diagramming. No need to provide a wordy explanation of your network design, just a simple design with the proper documentation
You are right, sorry

NP, im 40% done

Here ya go, take alook pleease

http://imgur.com/gaQ0Nnb

Mark?

Let me know when your back in case you need a paragrah or two about how and why its set up so.

THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!
You can view this answer by clicking here to Register or Login and paying $3.
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.
Tim
Tim
Tim, Sr. Engineer