Scott
Scott, MIT Graduate
Experience:  MIT Graduate (Math, Programming, Science, and Music)
3546829

Gmorning I need answers penn astronomy listed below

Customer Question

hello gmorning I need answers for the penn foster astronomy listed below
Category: Homework
Expert:  GLENN replied 1 year ago.

Hi

Thank you for using this site, Can you post your complete questions?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
my questions is from penn foster its 10 questions the first question is describe the components of the geocentric view of the universe that was held by the early Greeks. How did Ptolemy account for the motions of the celestial bodies in his models
Expert:  GLENN replied 1 year ago.

Kindly post the complete 10 questions.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
1. describe the components of the geocentric view of the universe that was held by the early Greeks. How did Ptolemy account for the motions of the celestial bodies in his mode?
2. List and describe two of the minor members of the solar system.
3. The change from ancient to modern astronomy wasn't easy. It required considerable work and commitment by five keys scientists. List and describe the contributions made to modern astronomy by Nicholas Copernicus, Tyco Brahe, Johannes Kepler, Galileo Galillei, and Sir Isaac Newton.
4. Explain what criteria determines whether a planet is to be considered either Jovian or terrestrial. Identify the Jovian and terrestrial planets. Briefly describe each planet, incorporating the peculiarities of each.
5. Describe stellar parallax and explain how one would mathematically measure and calculate the distance to a star using this method.
6. Discuss Earth's moon. Elaborate on the following: maria, craters, regolith, highlands, and theories on the moon's origin.
7. Describe the major type of galaxies and provide examples of each.
8. List and explain the stages of the life cycle of a star.
9. Describe the arrangement and properties of main sequence stars, including temperature , size and color on the Hertzsprung -Russell diagram. Descibe white dwarfs and red giants.
10. Discuss the big bang theory and the evidence that supports it. Explain how some scientist regard it as an adequate explanation of the origin of the universe.
11.Select your topic for research project by choosing an article related to Earth Science from the discover magazine website at http://www.discovermagazine.com. Be sure to provide the title and the author of the article you've chosen.
Expert:  GLENN replied 1 year ago.

When do you need the answers for these? How many days from now?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I need the answers like asap case my deadline is tomorrow
Expert:  GLENN replied 1 year ago.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Glenn where are the answers to my questions payment has been posted
Expert:  GLENN replied 1 year ago.