Homework

Homework Questions? Ask a Tutor for Answers ASAP

Homework

I need help with these questions:JA: The Tutor can help you

Customer Question
I need help with these...
I need help with these questions:
JA: The Tutor can help you get an A on your homework or ace your next test. Tell me more about what you need help with so we can help you best.
Customer: A formal statement that there is an absence of relationship between variables when tested by a researcher is called:
Null hypothesis
Type I error
Type II error
Negative interval
1 points Saved
QUESTION 2Bivariate statistics refers to the statistical analysis of the relationship between two variables.
True
False
1 points Save Answer
QUESTION 3Positive relationships between two variables indicate that, as the score of one increases, the score of the other increases.
True
False
1 points Save Answer
QUESTION 4A result that is probably not attributable to chance is:
Type I error
Type II error
Statistical significance
In the semi-quartile range
1 points Save Answer
QUESTION 5A score that is likely to fall into the middle 68% of scores of a normal distribution will fall inside these values:
. +/- 3 standard deviations
+/- 2 standard deviations
+/- 1 standard deviation
semi-quartile range
1 points Save Answer
QUESTION 6It is important to assess the magnitude or strength of a relationship because this assists you with deciding whether or not a variable A causes variable B.
True
False
1 points Save Answer
QUESTION 7In a negative relationship, as the score of one variable decreases, the score on the second variable decreases.
True
False
1 points Save Answer
QUESTION 8A set of subjects, usually randomly sampled, selected to participate in a research study is called:
Population
Sample
Mode Group
Partial Selection
1 points Save Answer
QUESTION 9A perfect negative relationship between two variables is expressed as r=0.
True
False
1 points Save Answer
QUESTION 10When examining the relationship between a nominal variable and an interval or ratio variable, you would create a table using the nominal variables, calculate the mode and median of the interval or ratio variable, then make a decision regarding the relationship using the mode and median.
True
False
1 points Save Answer
QUESTION 11A Z score of +/-1.96 is equivalent to these values on a normal distribution.
Critical region
+/-1 standard deviation
+/-2 standard deviations
+/-3 standard deviations
1 points Save Answer
QUESTION 12An assumption used by statisticians which states that population parameters are normally distributed:
Central Limit Theorem
Null Hypothesis
Statistical significance
Standard deviation
1 points Save Answer
QUESTION 13When examining the relationship between two interval or ration level variables, you can use a scatterplot to allow you to visualize the relationship between the two.
True
False
1 points Save Answer
QUESTION 14Correlation coefficients, r, range from -1.00 to +1.00.
True
False
1 points Save Answer
QUESTION 15An entire set of individuals or objects having some common characteristics is:
Sample
Population
Median Group
Complete selection
1 points Save Answer
QUESTION 16Data which uses number values, has an equal distance between values, and has a possible absolute zero is:
Interval
Nominal
Ordinal
Ratio
1 points Save Answer
QUESTION 17To determine the proportion of variability in one variable that can be accounted for or explained by the variability of a second variable, you would calculate a correlation coefficient, then square it.
True
False
1 points Save Answer
QUESTION 18A significant finding with the 2 sample t-test indicates a strong relationship exists between the 2 population means.
True
False
1 points Save Answer
QUESTION 19Data which uses number values with an equal distance between values are:
Nominal
Ordinal
Normal
Interval
1 points Save Answer
QUESTION 20Data which uses numbers to provide categories or labels as well as the ordering of the categories are:
Nominal
Ordinal
Ratio
Interval
1 points Save Answer
QUESTION 21Not all variables retained in a regression model are required to be significant.
True
False
1 points Save Answ
Customer: QUESTION 1A formal statement that there is an absence of relationship between variables when tested by a researcher is called:
Null hypothesis
Type I error
Type II error
Negative interval
1 points Saved
True
False
1 points Save Answer
True
False
1 points Save Answer
Type I error
Type II error
Statistical significance
In the semi-quartile range
1 points Save Answer
. +/- 3 standard deviations
+/- 2 standard deviations
+/- 1 standard deviation
semi-quartile range
1 points Save Answer
True
False
1 points Save Answer
True
False
1 points Save Answer
Population
Sample
Mode Group
Partial Selection
1 points Save Answer
True
False
1 points Save Answer
True
False
1 points Save Answer
Critical region
+/-1 standard deviation
+/-2 standard deviations
+/-3 standard deviations
1 points Save Answer
Central Limit Theorem
Null Hypothesis
Statistical significance
Standard deviation
1 points Save Answer
True
False
1 points Save Answer
True
False
1 points Save Answer
Sample
Population
Median Group
Complete selection
1 points Save Answer
Interval
Nominal
Ordinal
Ratio
1 points Save Answer
True
False
1 points Save Answer
True
False
1 points Save Answer
Nominal
Ordinal
Normal
Interval
1 points Save Answer
Nominal
Ordinal
Ratio
Interval
1 points Save Answer
True
False
1 points
Customer: QUESTION 1A formal statement that there is an absence of relationship between variables when tested by a researcher is called:
Null hypothesis
Type I error
Type II error
Negative interval
1 points Saved
True
False
1 points Save Answer
True
False
1 points Save Answer
Type I error
Type II error
Statistical significance
In the semi-quartile range
1 points Save Answer
. +/- 3 standard deviations
+/- 2 standard deviations
+/- 1 standard deviation
semi-quartile range
1 points Save Answer
True
False
1 points Save Answer
True
False
1 points Save Answer
Population
Sample
Mode Group
Partial Selection
1 points Save Answer
True
False
1 points Save Answer
True
False
1 points Save Answer
Critical region
+/-1 standard deviation
+/-2 standard deviations
+/-3 standard deviations
1 points Save Answer
Central Limit Theorem
Null Hypothesis
Statistical significance
Standard deviation
1 points Save Answer
True
False
1 points Save Answer
True
False
1 points Save Answer
Sample
Population
Median Group
Complete selection
1 points Save Answer
Interval
Nominal
Ordinal
Ratio
1 points Save Answer
True
False
1 points Save Answer
True
False
1 points Save Answer
Nominal
Ordinal
Normal
Interval
1 points Save Answer
Nominal
Ordinal
Ratio
Interval
1 points Save Answer
True
False
1 points
Customer: QUESTION 1A formal statement that there is an absence of relationship between variables when tested by a researcher is called:
Null hypothesis
Type I error
Type II error
Negative interval
1 points Saved
True
False
1 points Save Answer
True
False
1 points Save Answer
Type I error
Type II error
Statistical significance
In the semi-quartile range
1 points Save Answer
. +/- 3 standard deviations
+/- 2 standard deviations
+/- 1 standard deviation
semi-quartile range
1 points Save Answer
True
False
1 points Save Answer
True
False
1 points Save Answer
Population
Sample
Mode Group
Partial Selection
1 points Save Answer
True
False
1 points Save Answer
True
False
1 points Save Answer
Critical region
+/-1 standard deviation
+/-2 standard deviations
+/-3 standard deviations
1 points Save Answer
Central Limit Theorem
Null Hypothesis
Statistical significance
Standard deviation
1 points Save Answer
True
False
1 points Save Answer
True
False
1 points Save Answer
Sample
Population
Median Group
Complete selection
1 points Save Answer
Interval
Nominal
Ordinal
Ratio
1 points Save Answer
True
False
1 points Save Answer
True
False
1 points Save Answer
Nominal
Ordinal
Normal
Interval
1 points Save Answer
Nominal
Ordinal
Ratio
Interval
1 points Save Answer
True
False
1 points
Customer: sorry I posted it to many times. Are you able to help me with these questions?
JA: No. I'm the Tutor's Assistant.
Customer: ok thanks.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Tutor should know?
Customer: no thank you.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Tutor about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Homework
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
How long will it take to get my questions answered? I need them as soon as possible please.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Hi, any idea on how much longer it will to get my questions answered?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Hi, I'm sorry to keep bothering, but I only have about 40 more minutes to submit my answers on my questions. Will my questions be answered before then?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Please, can someone just tell me if my questions are being worked on and if I will get them within the next 40 minutes. The answers are useless to me if I don't get them before then. PLEASE!
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I would like a refund of my money! This was of no help to me at all. I am not satisfied at all!
5/2/2016
Tutor: GLENN, Teacher replied 1 year ago
GLENN
GLENN, Teacher
HiDo you still need answers for these? Please reply asap
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No. Too late.
ok
Scott
Scott
Scott, MIT Graduate