Homework

Homework Questions? Ask a Tutor for Answers ASAP

Homework

I need help with PHP and SQL

Customer Question
I need help with PHP and SQL
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Homework
Answered in 1 minute by:
4/25/2016
Tutor: Quiksilver07070,
 replied 1 year ago
Quiksilver07070
Ask LogicPro
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
LogicPro does not do PHP and SQL
Tutor: the-pc-guy, Engineer replied 1 year ago
the-pc-guy
the-pc-guy, Engineer
do you have a specific question?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Hi Yes I have a detailed ask , I have no exposure to SQL nor PHP but have an assignment , the entire question and details are here -http://ge.tt/8avVI2a2 can you have a read of it and see if this is something you can help with?
i'm sorry,but the link that you sent is invalid. Do you want to upload it again and provide a new link
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
http://ge.tt/24uDy2a2 this is freshly uploaded
it looks like they already provided you with a whole bunch of code, so what exactly are you looking for from me here?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
you are correct , I will try figure out the connection between SQL and PHP
that I already know how to do. I just was not sure what you wanted. So did you want help with this afterall?
what happened?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Sorry , I am in the office and got very busy , I will try message you later
sure will check back later, and you let me know more detail about what you need on this
did you still need help with this?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
yes please , I have a personal assignment of developing a car hire website , I have most of the HTML , CSS , JS complete but I need help with PHP on 2 pages (an about us page and a contact us page)
could you send some details?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
yes sure
that is not much issue, You said 2 pages, though i assume you have a list of possible categories somewhere and where do you want the information to be stored once it is all entered?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
yeah the 2 pages that I need PHP scripts for are "about.html" and "contact.html" .
I would like the contact.html to produce a validation form when a client has completed all the information boxes and clicks "submit" button at the bottom , the form should reflect all the information that was supplied and sent to the email address that was supplied , does that make sense? and is it correct that PHP would do this?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
and after the email is sent a message to confirm it , you can check this as an example http://www.123contactform.com/my-simple-php-contact-form.php
php does email data. So basically I will create that form, then have php check to make sure that all the fields are filled and then email it. Sure sure, that can be done. What about the about page?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
on the contact page , I already have JS checking that the fields are completed , is it best to leave JS do that or PHP? , the JS at the moment makes sure that the tel num field has numbers only and correct amount of digits , it also validates that a correct email address is submitted so the PHP would need to do that.on the about page can you have a "join our newsletter" link and response (check this link for a nice example http://simplephpscripts.com/newsletter-script-php/newsletterscript/preview_newsletter_form.php
Best to do all checking with PHP. So this is quite a bit of work and will need to charge more. I am sending an additional service offer. Now, I cannot do this today, but once you accept the offer I will get started.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
sorry 219 Euro?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
thats more than 3 times the biggest amount I have ever been charged on this site
i don't know what it translates to I work in US But its $150 US per page ( x 2 pages) I also took into account the amount you already paid and subtracted that. I don't think this is too unreasonable considering the amount of work involved
this is what I charge for web development, I am one of the best in the industry and have been charging these rates for years
but if you want to pass on it I understand
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
yeah I will pass but thanks
ok sure, I will just opt out then by the way If you hire a professional web development company, they charge 3x what I do. Some times around $500 per script. I used to work for one but quite because they were paying me something like $20 /hour. Which was ridiculus.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Thanks for the advice , I wouldnt pay that money as I wont be employing a company for this work but someone like you ( an individual coder) somewhere around 125-150 euro ,
Thanks again and good luck
i will be around incase you change your mind or you dont find someone in the next day or so
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Hi thanks for letting me know but to be honest i cant pay your price
ok, this is fair. I will take $50 off. But I couldn't go any lower than that
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
okay fair enough , when can you have it complete?
within 24 hours. I will send a new offer now. And I will also be around afterwards, incase we need to correct anything or add more fields or whatever
site is not letting me send you new price right now, I am talking with tech support to see if it can be fixed, I will let you know when that is done.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
great thanks
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I can re ask the question asking only for you
ok, I am still trying work this out on my end, but I do see the new question incase it is necessary
ok here is what the website said. First you have to decline the old offer, Then I will be able to send you a new offer at the reduced price
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
sorry I cannot see the old offer so I cannot decline it
well not sure what you see on your screen but it should be "Premium Service" or something like that, in its own box. Somewhere on the screen
its no big deal, if you cant find it will close this question and work from the new one
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
sorry cannot see any price at all
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!
You can view this answer by clicking here to Register or Login and paying $3.
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.
the-pc-guy
the-pc-guy
the-pc-guy, Engineer