Scott
Scott, MIT Graduate
Experience:  MIT Graduate (Math, Programming, Science, and Music)
3546829

PART 1:----------------The South Dakota Campus with its 45

Customer Question

PART 1:
----------------
The South Dakota Campus with its 45 full-time employees has recently increased its enrollment to 1500 students per night. The increase in student population has had a significant slowdown in the network connectivity in the classroom. Reports have stated that it can take up to twenty minutes, sometimes longer, to get connected to the online classroom or to get to the Internet. The campus is using a Cisco 3500 Router and a Cisco Switch that is wired to the access points in each classroom.
Your team has been tasked to determine the root cause of this problem. The analysis should begin by taking a holistic view of the network diagram to understand the topology. Then, progress through the OSI model to find the problem. Also, look for potential choke points that could cause a significant network slowdown. After locating the potential cause of the problem, design a network with the proposed solution.
Develop a diagram in Microsoft® Visio®, Word, or PowerPoint® based on the description provided above of the current South Dakota network. Assumptions can be made in order complete the diagram. The finished diagram should include the following:
Routers & Switches
Wireless Access points
Potential choke pointsPART 2:
----------
Create a 1-page summary of your findings and the team's solution based on the description above and your Week Two diagram. Your summary should include the following:
Methods used to locate potential problems
How choke points were determined
The team's solution
A cost breakdown of the budgetPART 3:
-----------
Using your Week Three summary, develop a diagram in Visio®, Word®, or PowerPoint® of the team's proposed network design solution.
The finished diagram should include the following:
Routers & Switches
Wireless Access points
Any new hardwarePART 4:
----------
Develop a 12- to 14-slide proposal presentation in which you present your solutions to the South Dakota Network dilemma. The presentation should include the following:
Develop a logical and physical network for the South Dakota Campus.
Explain the learning team's recommendations to design the network.
Calculate the cost of the network design.
Explain the implementation process and timeline.
The budget for this project is 50,000 for network design, devices and cabling.
The projected student enrollment is 1,500 in class each night (consider choke points.)
There are 45 full-time employees at the campus. Consider network security requirements between employee access and the student population.
Category: Homework
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am ready to increase it to $100.
How can I do it?
Expert:  David L. replied 1 year ago.
Hello,My name is ***** ***** contact JA customer service and they can help you in changing the amount offered.By when do you need this completed?Thanks,David.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi David,
I did sent them an email and waiting for a reply.
I will appreciate it if I can have it by Friday or Saturday.Thanks
Expert:  David L. replied 1 year ago.
Hello,I noticed that the JA question thread states that you are in France...is that correct?Also, can the due date be extended?Thanks,David.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi David,
I am back to the USA.
Can you at least send me Part 1 and 2 by Saturday?Thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
is it possible?
Expert:  David L. replied 1 year ago.
Hello,My apologies for the delay. Since I am not absolutely certain that I can complete the first two parts by Saturday, I am opening up this question to other experts that are able to complete the project within the required time frame.Thank you,David.