Homework

Homework Questions? Ask a Tutor for Answers ASAP

The CFO has given you a workbook (see table below) showing…

Customer Question
The CFO has given you...
The CFO has given you a workbook (see table below) showing the estimated expenses for the upcoming fiscal year. At the meeting, the stakeholder’s must vote for approval of the budget that takes effect on in the upcoming year. Unfortunately, the workbook is incomplete, so you are asked to make the necessary updates.Q1 Q2 Q3 Q4
Technology: $4,872,340.00 $4,359,850.00 $3,994,500.00 $6,500,400.00
Communications:$1,287,000.00 $2,324,000.00 $1,875,000.00 $2,050,300.00
Travel: $985,000.00 $1,020,000.00 $750,000.00 $875,000.00The CFO has given you the figures above and the following directions:1. The figures shown are the projected expenses for the new fiscal year. Copy them to a workbook.
2. On a new worksheet using absolute references from the expense budget worksheet, indicate the expense budget of the last fiscal year, which was 4.5% less than the figures shown.
3. Name the worksheet – Last Year Expenses and place it before the new expense worksheet.
4. PEI expects to spend over $113 Million in the upcoming fiscal year. The company has made a profit of 20% for each of the last five years but next year they project a 25% profit. On another worksheet show the projected 25% profit in each category by quarter using absolute cell references from the new expense budget worksheet.
5. Name the sheet – New Projected Profits.
6. Create a separate pie chart for each quarter of the expense budget showing the percentage of expenditures for each category.
7. Place it on a separate sheet and name it - Pie Charts.
8. PEI is also thinking of expansion into the Latin American market. This move would mean an increase in expenditures of 15% in each category beginning in Quarter 3 of the new expense budget. On a separate worksheet, use a formula to show the increased expenses this expansion would add to the new budget.
9. In another table located below the expenses in the Latin America project use cell references in a formula to indicate the overall projected profits for the expansion if it took place.
10. Name the sheet – Latin America Expansion.
11. Create a documentation sheet (title page) for the workbook and place it in front of all other work sheets. Title it appropriately.
12. On the top of the Documentation sheet give your name and the date.
13. On the documentation sheet, list the other worksheets in the workbook and create hyperlinks to the corresponding worksheet with a brief explanation of each.
14. Also on the documentation sheet, explain the contents and purpose of the workbook.
15. Name the workbook – PEI Upcoming Annual Budget
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Homework
3/4/2016
Tutor: F. Naz, Chartered Accountant replied 2 years ago
F. Naz
F. Naz, Chartered Accountant

Do you only need the excel work sheet, thanks.

Scott
Scott
Scott, MIT Graduate