Homework

Homework Questions? Ask a Tutor for Answers ASAP

TCO 1) Line signaling converts a digital word into a _____.

Customer Question
(Points : 5) serial bit stream analog...
TCO 1) Line signaling converts a digital word into a _____. (Points : 5)
serial bit stream
analog word
bit word
serial byte stream
Question 2. 2. (TCO 1) The 1,000 Mbps Ethernet uses _____ block encoding. (Points : 5)
4B/5B
differential
4D
4D-PAM-5
Question 3. 3. (TCO 1) The 1000BASE-SX uses _____ cable. (Points : 5)
fiber-optic
wireless
copper
shielded
Question 4. 4. (TCO 1) One of the methods used to overcome baseline wander in higher Ethernet speeds is _____. (Points : 5)
stutter stepping
reverse error correction
forward error correction
All of the above
Question 5. 5. (TCO 2) The horizontal link cable consists of _____. (Points : 5)
solid core copper wire
solid core wire wire
solid core aluminum wire
wireless signals
Question 6. 6. (TCO 2) The NEC requires that these cables be run through plenums (under floors, above drop ceilings, and in the air-handling space between walls). (Points : 5)
NEC-made cables
Screened UTP
Plenum cables
Noncolor cables
Question 7. 7. (TCO 2) When terminating cable, you must use plugs and jacks rated to the _____ of cable you are using. (Points : 5)
level
category
pinout
gallery
Question 8. 8. (TCO 2) A small form factor connector for fiber-optic cable is the ____ connector. (Points : 5)
LC
SC
RJ-11
ST
Question 9. 9. (TCO 3) The National Electric Code (NEC) deals with _____. (Points : 5)
the proper installation of electrical wire and related equipment
service entrances
conversion of RJ-11 to RJ-45
All of the above
Question 10. 10. (TCO 3) The basic component of the 568 standard is the _____. (Points : 5)
RJ-11
modular jack
cable
punchdown
Question 11. 11. (TCO 3) The basic link is limited to _____. (Points : 5)
90 meters
90 feet
100 meters
100 feet
Question 12. 12. (TCO3) The complete cabling system from the computer’s NIC to the switch port is called the _____. (Points : 5)
channel
backbone
permanent link
mitigation
Question 13. 13. (TCO 4) Right of way refers to _____. (Points : 5)
the right to purchase property
the right to use property not owned or directly controlled
the burial of aerial cable
a license for a local government
Question 14. 14. (TCO 4) The outside plant is typically routed into the building through the _____. (Points : 5)
entrance facility
work area
right of way
tube
Question 15. 15. (TCO 4) This is very bad for connections carrying radio frequency signals. (Points : 5)
Pigeons
Low-flying aircraft
Tape
Moisture
Question 16. 16. (TCO 4) In general, a lightning protection system should _____. (Points : 5)
dissipate the lightning energy into the ground field
capture the energy from the lightning strike to a known point designed to handle that much energy.
ensure that all ground points are bonded to one another
All of the above
Question 17. 17. (TCO 5) The original form of Ethernet was a _____-based method. (Points : 5)
deterministic
wireless
token
contention
Question 18. 18. (TCO 5) The type field in an Ethernet II frame is _____ bytes long. (Points : 5)
1
2
3
4
Question 19. 19. (TCO 5) The function of the Frame Check Sequence field in an Ethernet II frame is to _____. (Points : 5)
check for errors in transmission
check for errors in encapsulation
retime the transmission
allow the sender to set up bit synchronization
Question 20. 20. (TCO 5) PPP has how many possible states? (Points : 5)
Two
Three
Four
Five
Question 21. 21. (TCO 6) CRC stands for what? (Points : 5)
Cycle repeat cycle
Cyclical redundancy check
Checksum response cycle
Content repetition checksum
Question 22. 22. (TCO 6) What layer notices that a frame has been lost? (Points : 5)
Network access
Internet
Transport
Application
Question 23. 23. (TCO 6) The result of the checksum calculation is stored as a(n) _____. (Points : 5)
random number
decimal number
binary number
FCS
Question 24. 24. (TCO 6) If the checksum calculated at both ends of a link does not match, the frame is _____. (Points : 5)
converted to a MLT-3 frame
recalculated until it does
copied to the NIC driver
discarded
Question 25. 25. (TCO 7) Lack of horizontal support for the patch cables going into the switches in the equipment room will cause _____. (Points : 5)
downward pressure on the connectors, which may cause them to come loose
server downtime
intrusion attempts
timing reissues
Question 26. 26. (TCO 7) A gigabit Ethernet system can send _____. (Points : 5)
data at irregular intervals
1,488,000 frames per second
1,500 bytes per second
in triple duplex mode
Question 27. 27. (TCO 7) What is SNMP? (Points : 5)
Simple Network Management Protocol
Simple Network Minimization Protocol
Single Network Management Process
Systematic Network Mission Protocol
Question 28. 28. (TCO 7) Binary search isolation is also known as _____. (Points : 5)
hexadecimal conversion
divide and conquer
binary-to-decimal subnetting
general fault isolation
TCO 1) A spread spectrum signal is different from one used for a common radio frequency signal such as that used by an FM radio station. Explain how the spread spectrum signal differs. Explain what DSSS means. (Points : 40)
Question 30. 30. (TCO 2) When installing UTP cable for a horizotnal link, it is very important to minimize crosstalk. Explain what crosstalk is, why crosstalk can be a problem, and how it is minimized when terminating UTP cables. (Points : 40)
Question 31. 31. (TCO 3) Explain what role BICSI has in ensuring that structured cabling standards are adhered to. (Points : 40)
Question 32. 32. (TCO 4) Project management is an important part of working in the outside plant because it is likely that various contractors, governmental agencies, and owners of right of way will have to be dealt with. Discuss the major elements of project management in the outside plant. (Points : 40)
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Homework
2/28/2016
Tutor: Mr. Gregory White, Professor replied 2 years ago
Mr. Gregory White

Hello, my name is Greg.

I am happy to work on these for you. What is the deadline to get a resource returned to you on these questions?

I no longer need these answered, I'd like a refund as a response was not received in an adequate amount of time

I apologize - I responded this morning when I logged in and just wanted to ensure you still needed and when needed by (as these would require quite a bit of research).

You can contact customer support in regards ***** ***** financial aspect as that it outside of my area as the professional.

Have a wonderful week and all the best in your studies.