Homework

Homework Questions? Ask a Tutor for Answers ASAP

Hey

Customer Question
hey
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Homework
Answered in 1 minute by:
2/25/2016
Tutor: GLENN GILONGOS,
 replied 2 years ago
GLENN GILONGOS

Hi

Thank you for using this site. Can you post your complete questions?

1. When minorities gradually adopt patterns of the dominant culture, _______ occurs.
A. pluralism
B. segregation
C. appropriation
D. assimilation
2. Regarding poverty in the United States, which statement is true?
A. The highest poverty rates are found in isolated rural areas.
B. Households headed by single men are at high risk for poverty.
C. The weight of poverty falls most heavily on children and young adults.
D. Poverty is highly concentrated in suburban centers.
3. Sociologists apply the concept of socioeconomic status (SES) to their analyses of social class differences.
This SES concept reflects the views on stratification proposed by
A. Karl Marx.
B. ***** *****.
C. Davis and Moore.
D. Max Weber.
4. Which of the following countries would be considered a middle-income country?
A. Sudan
B. Brazil
C. Canada
D. Russian Federation
5. According to Anti-Slavery International (ASI), which of the following statements is true?
A. In every condition of slavery, people are owned by other people.
B. Debt bondage is a form of slavery.
C. Child slavery is mainly found in middle-income countries.
D. Human trafficking is the most common form of slavery.
6. The social construct of race is to _______ traits as the social construct of ethnicity is to _______ traits.
A. genetic; minority
B. genetic; cultural
C. biological; minority
D. biological; cultural
7. If you agreed with the views of Immanuel Wallerstein, which one of the following factors would you
think helps create dependency?
A. Broad, import-oriented economies
B. A surplus of industrial capacity
C. Foreign debt
D. Foreign trade
8. Classes are harder to define than castes because _______ is present in class systems.
A. role flexibility
B. status inconsistency
C. racism
D. status prestige variation
9. The analysis of the interaction of race, class, and gender is called _______ theory.
A. minority
B. minority transaction
C. intersection
D. interplay
10. Under globalization, the greatest reduction in poverty has occurred in
A. South Africa.
B. Latin America.
C. Mexico.
D. Asia.
11. Regarding gender and education, which of the following statements is true?
A. As of 1992, women earned a majority of post-graduate degrees.
B. The majority of lawyers are now women.
C. The majority of doctors are now women.
D. In 2008, women earned 50 percent of all master's degrees.
12. A class system is based on _______, whereas a caste system is stratification based on _______.
A. either ascription or achievement; birth
B. ascription and achievement; ascription
C. capitalism; birth
D. individualism; collectivism
13. According to your text, if your family income is between $27,000 and $48,000 a year, you would be
classified as
A. lower-middle class.
B. middle class.
C. average middle class.
D. upper-middle class.
14. In Margaret Mead's study of three New Guinea tribal cultures, she found that the Tchambuli were
different from the Arapesh and Mundugumor in which of the following ways?
A. Both men and women displayed hostile and aggressive attitudes.
B. Men and women shared many of the same gender traits.
C. "Masculine" traits were expected of women and "feminine" traits characterized men.
D. Gender roles were adopted indiscriminately by both men and women.
15. In the United States, race or ethnicity often serves as a/an _______ status that overshadows an
individual's character and accomplishments.
A. ascribed
B. subordinate
C. master
D. dominant
16. Which of the following places has the highest concentration of White Anglo-Saxon Protestants
(WASPs)?
A. Utah
B. Jamestown, Virginia
C. Idaho
D. Scotland and Wales
17. Under the Russian Federation that succeeded the Soviet Union, large numbers of people experienced
radical shifts in social mobility. Sociologists refer to this sort of phenomenon as _______ social mobility.
A. dysfunctional
B. functional
C. structural
D. individualistic
18. The concept of prejudice is directly related to
A. socializing.
B. stereotyping.
C. social closeness.
D. nonjudgment.
19. Among theories of prejudice, the assumption that some prejudice is found in everyone is most clearly
associated with _______ theory.
A. culture
End of exam
B. authoritarian personality
C. conflict
D. scapegoat
20. If you agree that capitalism fosters and strengthens male domination,
chances are that you embrace the _______ perspective.
A. symbolic-interaction
B. structural-functional
C. social-conflict
D. dependency
Tutor: GLENN GILONGOS,
 replied 2 years ago

I will just opt out so that other experts will immediately help you (this is not my expertise, I am sorry)

Tutor: Jay, Teacher replied 2 years ago
Jay
Jay, Teacher

Hi Amanda, my name is ***** ***** Homework Expert. I have over six years experience being a teacher. When do you need these questions answered by?

I already paid $60 I didn't now I have to pay around $34
I need the answer as soon as you can but if I still have to pay more money well I cant afford it so I will just try to get my money back and do not worry about the answer
Tutor: Jay, Teacher replied 2 years ago

Someone requested more money? It was not me.

Tutor: Jay, Teacher replied 2 years ago

Do you want me to assist you with this project, or have you already requested the refund?

i did not request any money back yet but I will.
Tutor: Jay, Teacher replied 2 years ago

Since you are requesting a refund, I am opting out. Good luck on your assignment, and I am sorry that someone else tried to increase the value.