Homework

Homework Questions? Ask a Tutor for Answers ASAP

Managerial Accounting. Her is the Problem: Cost of Units…

Customer Question
Managerial Accounting. Her...

Managerial Accounting. Her is the Problem: Cost of Units Completed and in ProcessThe charges to Work in Process—Assembly Department for a period, together with information concerning production, are as follows. All direct materials are placed in process at the beginning of production.Work in Process—Assembly DepartmentBal., 1,600 units, 35% completed 17,440 To Finished Goods, 29,600 units ?Direct materials, 29,000 units @ $9.50 275,500 Direct labor 84,600 Factory overhead 39,258 Bal. ? units, 45% completed ? a. Based on the above data, determine the different costs listed below.1. Cost of beginning work in process inventory completed this period. $2. Cost of units transferred to finished goods during the period. $3. Cost of ending work in process inventory. $4. Cost per unit of the completed beginning work in process inventory, rounded to the nearest cent. $b. Did the production costs change from the preceding period?Yes c. Assuming that the direct materials cost per unit did not change from the preceding period, did the conversion costs per equivalent unit increase, decrease, or remain the same for the current period?

Tutor's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

I can't figure it out. My book is not clear

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Homework
2/14/2016
Tutor: F. Naz, Chartered Accountant replied 2 years ago
F. Naz
F. Naz, Chartered Accountant

Please accept the offer so the answer may be provded next 24 hours