Homework

Homework Questions? Ask a Tutor for Answers ASAP

Part 1: Create a detailed, organized, and unified technical…

Customer Question
Part 1: Create a detailed, organized...
Part 1:
Create a detailed, organized, and unified technical solution given a scenario described in the document linked at the bottom of the page:
ITS405 Portfolio Project Scenario
Your solution should draw on the content presented in the course. The outline below provides points to cover. You are free to provide additional, related information.
Provide technical and justifications reasons for each choice, citing resources as appropriate. Provide rough estimates of scheduling and manpower required for deploying your solution. You may summarize the schedule and manpower at the end of the document or separately for each section.
The Windows Server 2012 operating system should be used for all aspects of the solution.
Your solution should cover the following four numbered areas and associated bulleted items listed under each:
Deployment and Server Editions
How many servers total are needed? Which roles will be combined?
What edition of Windows Server will be used for each server (e.g., Standard, Data)?
Should servers be virtualized using Hyper-V?
Where is each of the servers located (which of the two sites)?
How will the servers be deployed?
DNS
DNS namespace design (e.g., domain name[s] chosen split DNS for Internet/intranet, zones)
How will DNS be handled for the second site?
Active Directory
Number of AD domains and names of domains
Will there be any Read-Only Domain Controllers?
How will the second site factor into domain controller placement? How will AD sites be configured?
File and Printer Sharing
What shares might be needed? (Consider some of the reasoning supplied in the relevant chapter of the textbook.)
How will quotas/FSRM be configured? (Consider all aspects, such as thresholds, altering, file screens, and reporting.)
Will a DFS namespace be implemented?
Your submission will:
Be in a written format, 6-8 pages in length (not counting diagrams).
Include at least one diagram illustrating the student’s chosen Active Directory design with DNS namespace hierarchy.
Cite and discuss no fewer than three credible sources other than course readings and media. The CSU-Global Library is a great place to find these sources.
Part:2
ITS405 Portfolio Project Scenario
Worldwide Advertising, Inc. (WAI) has hired you as an IT consultant. WAI is a new advertising firm, and
they are currently hiring staff, establishing two locations, and have a need to get their internal IT
services configured. The firm does not yet have an IT staff, but when they do, the IT staff will take over
all aspects of IT administration.
You are required to supply WAI with a solution that describes the implementation and configuration of
their core IT services. The cost of the implementation is not expected to exceed the company’s budget
and so does not have to be considered in this solution. WAI wishes to implement a solution will meet
the company’s needs for the next 2-3 years.
There are several details about WAI which will have an impact on your choices:
1. WAI will start with 300 employees, in the following departments:
a. Executives (10 employees) - manage and run the company
b. Accounts and Sales Department (150 employees) - perform market research and maintain
accounts
c. Creative, Media and Production Department (100 employees)- advertising
d. Human Resources and Finances (30 employees) - perform HR and financial duties
e. IT (10 employees) -manage IT for the company
2. WAI will have two sites, one in Los Angeles and one in New York. Most staff will be located in
Los Angeles with at least 1 person from each of the departments above located in New York
City.
3. Networking equipment is already in place for both sites. A secure tunnel (using IPSec) will be
established between the two sites so that inter-site traffic will be securely tunneled over the
Internet. You may make whatever other assumptions you wish about intra-and inter-site
connectivity.
4. Security mechanisms (e.g., firewalls, intrusion detection) will be handled separately, and there is
no need to describe them.
5. Some departments will want their data to remain private from other departments (e.g.,
Finances personnel will not want Production staff to see tl1e company's financial details). Your
team may make assumptions about how data should be shared or kept private.
6. Assumptions can be made regarding any information not included here; all assumptions should
be identified, however.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Homework
MUST BE ORIGINAL THEY WILL CHECK FOR PLAGIARISM!. ALSO GIVE SEVERAL REFERENCES.AND APA STYLE.
2/13/2016
Tutor: Mr. Gregory White, Professor replied 2 years ago
Mr. Gregory White

Hello, my name is Greg.

Is there any other information you can send to see if I can assist on it this for you? If you have any documents you can upload, you can do so to mediafire.com or box.com and share the link here with us.

If I had a model and could provide that as a model (would have to check files to see if I have one), would that be sufficient or are you seeking a fully written new model document?