Homework

Homework Questions? Ask a Tutor for Answers ASAP

QUESTION 1 1. The advantage of using a Java class is that…

Customer Question
QUESTION 1 1. The advantage of...
QUESTION 1
1. The advantage of using a Java class is that all objects that are created will have the same methods, therefore giving them the same "behavior".
True
FalseQUESTION 2
1. The hiding of data and methods within an object of a class is made possible by which object-oriented concept?
a. inheritance
b. polymorphism
c. encapsulation
d. none of the above
QUESTION 3
1. The Java compiler converts source code into machine code specific to the host processor where it is being compiled.
True
False
0.5 points
QUESTION 4
1. Which of these is not a Java primitive data type?
char
integer
float
boolean
0.5 points
QUESTION 5
1. Java enhances portability by consistently specifying the size and format of its numeric primitive data types, regardless of the platform on which a Java program is running.
True
False
0.5 points
QUESTION 6
1. In order to override the implicit data type promotion from one type to another we can use:
format controls
unification
upward compatibility
casting
0.5 points
QUESTION 7
1. Like most high level languages Java uses ASCII for character representation.
True
False
0.5 points
QUESTION 8
1. The advantage of Java abstraction is that in order to call the method of an object you only need to know its interface, not its implementation details.
True
False
0.5 points
QUESTION 9
1. A non-void method must have a return statement.
True
False
0.5 points
QUESTION 10
1. If you don't explicitly create a constructor for a Java class then Java creates a default constructor for you.
True
False
0.5 points
QUESTION 11
1. The portion of a program within which you can refer to a variable is called its:
range
scope
limits
abstraction block
0.5 points
QUESTION 12
1. Overloaded methods must vary in their:
range
names
program placement
number or datatypes of their arguments
0.5 points
QUESTION 13
1. Instance variables can be static.
True
False
0.5 points
QUESTION 14
1. The logical AND operator in Java is:
&
||
+
&&
0.5 points
QUESTION 15
1. The logical OR operator has a higher precedence in Java than the logical AND, the conditional, and the equality operators.
True
False
0.5 points
QUESTION 16
1. To write a "definite loop" in Java you use a loop control variable.
True
False
0.5 points
QUESTION 17
1. If you want to make sure that a loop may never get executed at all you should use a do..while loop construct.
True
False
0.5 points
QUESTION 18
1. Strings are an example of an immutable object.
True
False
0.5 points
QUESTION 19
1. If we want to allow a string to expand in size from its original size then we should make it an object of what class?
Character
String
StringBuilder or StringBuffer
Buffer
0.5 points
QUESTION 20
1. How are arrays passed from one method to another?
by value
a reference to the object is passed by value
both of these
neither of these
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Homework
1/28/2016
Tutor: LogicPro, Engineer replied 2 years ago
LogicPro
LogicPro, Engineer

Welcome

What is the deadline?

It just passed about 7 minutes ago

Do you still need the answers?

not any more, i had to turn it in already. Do I get my money back?

Yes But do you have any other question that I can help with?

no thank you

ok. Sending the request. No need to reply

I was offline otherwise you had gotten the answers in time

You can ask me again using "For LogicPro only" at the start of your questions like other customers to get instant answers. It will ensure that question is for me.

Please bookmark my profile page:

http://www.justanswer.com/homework/expert-logicpro/

so you can come back and ask me a question anytime.

Thank you for using this site!

LogicPro