Homework

Homework Questions? Ask a Tutor for Answers ASAP

Homework

17. Which Constitutional amendment has been interpreted by

Customer Question
the US Supreme Court to...
17. Which Constitutional amendment has been interpreted by the US Supreme Court to make the crime of "sedition libel" not constitutional?
a. eighth
b. fifth
c. Fourth
d. First
I picked answer d. First. I don't know if that is the right answer.
18. Slavery is illegal in the United States due to
a. The eighth Amendment to the Constitution
b. The Thirteenth Amendment to the Constitution.
c. common law concept of equity
d. The Magna Carta
I Picked answer B. The thirteenth Amendment to the Constitution.
19. Which of the following cases can be brought in Delaware's Court of Chancery?
a a request for an equitable lien on property
b. A preliminary hearing in a murder trial
c. a misdemeanor traffic violation
d. a real estate fraud prosecution
I picked answer A. A request for an equitable lien on property. ( I don't know if that is right answer.
20. An equitable remedy can
a. compel someone to follow the common law.
b compel action or force cessation of action.
c. award only monetary damages.
d. proclaim rights and duties and enforce them.
I picked answer C. award only monetary damages.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Homework
can someone please help me with 17,18, 19, 20 questions thanks
12/28/2015
Tutor: Jay, Teacher replied 2 years ago
Jay
Jay, Teacher

Hello Jacqueline. I can assist you with this. When do you need the answers by?

Tutor: Jay, Teacher replied 2 years ago

For 17. I select d. First too. The Supreme Court had ruled to government to punish an individual for statements that were considered threatening, dangerous or untrue. This shows there is exception to Free Speech.

For 18. I select b. The Thirteenth Amendment to the Constitution too. It states, "Neither slavery nor involuntary servitude, except as a punishment for crime whereof the party shall have been duly convicted, shall exist within the United States, or any place subject to their jurisdiction."

For 19. I chose a. a request for an equitable lien on property too. This took a little more research to gather answer.

For 20. I select b. compel action or force cessation of action. It is not about money. A typical equitable remedy is a restraining order where nobody pays money but someone has to stop doing something (like polluting or making too much noise). Injunctions are examples of an equitable remedy. The answer you picked, c. award only monetary damages is an example of a legal remedy.

I hope the explanation helped out. Thank you for letting me provide you Expert service for JustAnswer. If you are satisfied with the way I answer, I would greatly appreciate you requestining my services directly for future questions. Have an awesome day.

Tutor: Jay, Teacher replied 2 years ago

I found out through admin, that the work that I did has to be Accepted and Rated on this page, and not the other. It is not possible for the other page to pay and rate me. Thank you very much.

Tutor: Jay, Teacher replied 2 years ago
This answer is protected
Would you like to ask this question?
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.
Jay
Jay
Jay, Teacher