Scott
Scott, MIT Graduate
Experience:  MIT Graduate (Math, Programming, Science, and Music)
3546829

, Question 28. 28. (TCO 4) A few years ago, American

Customer Question

Customer: ***** *****
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Question 28. 28. (TCO 4) A few years ago, American Idol premiered as the first nighttime talent show in several decades. The marketing for the show was intent on making television viewers aware of its existence and excited enough about the show that they would watch the first episode. Based on this description, in which stage of the product life cycle would this show be? (Points : 5)
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Homework Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: i just need this question answer:
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Homework
Expert:  GLENN replied 1 year ago.

Hi

thank you for using this site. Is this a math or stat-related question?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
marketing
Expert:  GLENN replied 1 year ago.

Oh, I am sorry, I am a math expert, I will just opt out so that marketing experts can immediately help you

Expert:  Lane replied 1 year ago.

...

The question is worded in such a way that the answer could be either (1) stage one, "development," or (2) stage two "introduction."

...

The problem with this very badly written question is broad pronoun reference.

...

Where the question says "Based on THIS description ..." the pronoun, THIS, could be referring to the mention of the show's premier (when the show moved from stage 1, development, to stage 2, introduction) OR it could be referring to the marketing of the show that was going on PRIOR to the first show. which would clearly be stage 1, development.

...

If you believe that the "description being referred to IS indeed the pre-show marketing, then the answer is in deed stage 1; Development.

...

Expert:  Lane replied 1 year ago.

The development stage is the period from idea until the product is released to the market.

...

Introduction is the phase during which a product is launched into the market.

...

Given that the most previous stage referred to by "this," (previous sentence in the question) was the pre-show marketing AND that one could read the first sentence where the first show was mentioned ass background, or context, I would answer stage 1, development.