Homework

Homework Questions? Ask a Tutor for Answers ASAP

Homework

I need answers to exam #250450

Customer Question
I need answers to exam #250450
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Homework
11/11/2015
Tutor: Steven, M.Acc., Instructor replied 2 years ago
Steven, M.Acc.
Steven, M.Acc., Instructor

Hi John,

Is that Music Appreciation?

It the first part of it yes.. It is called The Middle Ages and the Renaissance.

Because the exams change over time, can you please post the exam here?

Exam: 250450RR - The Middle Ages and the Renaissance
When you have completed your exam and reviewed your answers, click Submit Exam. Answers will not be recorded until you hit Submit Exam. If you need to exit before completing the exam, click Cancel Exam.
Questions 1 to 20: Select the best answer to each question. Note that a question and its answers may be split across a page break, so be sure that you have seen the entire question and all the answers before choosing an answer.
1. Which instrument's parts were never notated in the Middle Ages?
A. Bagpipe
B. Drums
C. Trumpet
D. Lute
2. Native American chant incorporates meaningless sung syllables called _______, which serve as a form of melodic instrument.
A. vocables
B. duple meters
C. drone basses
D. pulses
3. Whereas today we have only two modes (major and minor), medieval composers had _______ additional modes.
A. five
B. four
C. six
D. three
4. An example of a percussion instrument is the
A. drum.
B. violin.
C. lute.
D. shawm.
5. Which song exemplifies four-voice Renaissance polyphony, with each voice playing an equally important role?
A. "My Lord Help Me to Pray"
B. "Since Robin Hood"
C. "Sing Joyfully"
D. "The Cricket"
6. What invention during the Renaissance period enabled people to purchase music for their own personal use?
A. Electronic recording
B. Faster delivery service
C. Instruments for trained transcription workers
D. Printing press
7. Rhyme singing is an African American _______, which means that it combines different forms of belief and practice.
A. imitation
B. counterpoint
C. intonation
D. syncretism
8. Smooth, stepwise movement within a melodic phrase, subphrase, or statement is known as _______ motion.
A. chordal
B. harmonic
C. tonal
D. conjunct
9. Which one of the following was one of the most popular instruments in Medieval and Renaissance times and occasionally involved the use of plectrum to play it?
A. Lute
B. Vielle
C. Shawm
D. Organ portative
10. _______ music is closely associated with the Rastafarian religion.
A. Calypso
B. Reggae
C. Secular
D. Anthem
11. If you're studying the science of sound, you're studying which of the following?
A. Pitch
B. Wavelength
C. Acoustics
D. Frequency
12. Roy will play a melody in triple meter and place the pulse of the meter on the first beat. Chuck will play the triple meter melody and place the pulse of the meter on the third beat. Who is playing the melody with the correct pulse?
A. Neither is playing the melody correctly.
B. Chuck
C. Both are playing the melody correctly.
D. Roy
13. A/An _______ is the interval between two pitches of the same name.
A. interval
B. whole step
C. melody
D. octave
14. Renaissance composers used which of the following to create polyphonic textures?
A. Elision
B. Ternary forms
C. Word-painting
D. Counterpoint
15. _______ is the predominant form of music in Native North American Indian culture.
A. Madrigal
B. Secular song
C. Calypso
D. Chant
16. Von Bingen's Play of Virtues is set to which of the following types of music?
A. Liturgical plainchant
B. Harmonic
C. Orchestral
D. Madrigal
17. A measured performance that adheres consistently to the duple meter would be read as
A. 1-2-3-4.
B. 1-2-3-4.
C. 1-2-3.
D. 1-2-3-4.
18. The basic framework for ordering music through time is the
A. phrase.
B. meter.
C. syllable.
D. value.
19. Until about the _______ century, music was transmitted orally, not in written form.
End of exam
A. tenth
B. thirteenth
C. twelfth
D. eleventh
20. Who of the following wrote a morality play that could be likened to Star Wars and Lord of the Rings?

What is your deadline for this assignment?

As soon as possible.. If you are going to charge me more than I have already paid. Then I'm not interested.. I was burned by this site before. That is the only reason why I'm putting this out there.

I'm sorry to hear about your prior experience with the site. The amount you've offered for 20 questions is a fair price. I may not be able to have this assignment for you until tonight. Is that okay?

Tonight will be ok .. How much is the price?

You've already offered a specific price for this question, although I can't see it. You'll need to check your account.

ok no problem..

Hello again!

You can download your completed assignment at:

https://app.box.com/s/h5lijokrtwey9z9pb47z2nu333kz14qu

Note that I was unable to answer #17 since all the answer choices appear to be the same in plain text format.

Please let me know if you have any questions. Thanks!

This answer is protected
Would you like to ask this question?
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.
Steven, M.Acc.
Steven, M.Acc.
Steven, M.Acc., Instructor